Mapping software

Reaction score
Question: Can someone explain how the mapping software works (readers digest)? And do you use that software instead of DJI Go app to fly drone? Thanks in advance for all help.

Question: Can someone explain how the mapping software works (readers digest)? And do you use that software instead of DJI Go app to fly drone? Thanks in advance for all help.
Yes, you used the app for the mapping software to fly the survey mission.
It plans a grid and appropriate photo spacing to get the required overlap of images.
Screenshot_2015-10-20-12-23-56%5B1%5D-L.png

Then you either upload your images to the service provider or process them yourself in Agisoft Photoscan to produce an orthophoto
Further processing can create contour plans and calculate volumes etc.
5X20a_Tallowood%20orthophoto-XL.jpg

How does the software create the orthophoto etc?
It's like magic ... Google photogrammetry to get details.

Reactions: JC Johnson
Yes, you used the app for the mapping software to fly the survey mission.
It plans a grid and appropriate photo spacing to get the required overlap of images.
Screenshot_2015-10-20-12-23-56%5B1%5D-L.png

Then you either upload your images to the service provider or process them yourself in Agisoft Photoscan to produce an orthophoto
Further processing can create contour plans and calculate volumes etc.
5X20a_Tallowood%20orthophoto-XL.jpg

How does the software create the orthophoto etc?
It's like magic ... Google photogrammetry to get details.
Thanks for your help... Might give it a shot. Any recommedations on software to use??

I just tested AltiZure and it worked great as well. Might be worth checking it out too.

Photoscan is the best... But it's also very expensive, and may require a computer more powerful than yours to do larger chunks (sets of images).

Ive had excellent results with DroneDeploy too fwiw.

Use Pix4d daily for post processing and drone deploy app to control the P3p.

Also if you need help processing , I can help process the project for you in pix4d.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Any suggestion for a Mapping Software that works without internet connection apart from DroneDeploy?

I am intending to try as many as i can so i can see which one will do the work for me.

Thank you.

Maps made easy

Reactions: Joshua Carillo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31