Mapir survey 3 camera - Why?

Reaction score
I am stumped about why you would use a visible light Mapir camera mounted on a P3 or P4?

Survey3 Cameras

I cannot see any advantages over the existing drone camera. Same result for Inspire.

Please educate me, thanks

I am stumped about why you would use a visible light Mapir camera mounted on a P3 or P4?

Survey3 Cameras

I cannot see any advantages over the existing drone camera. Same result for Inspire.

Please educate me, thanks
Unless you have needs for multi-spectral surveying, I do not any need for their products. A stock p3/p4(pro) with for instance DroneDeploy should serve most mapping needs.

What in particular are you looking for?

My needs are covered, I was just curious, to see if any other multi-rotor flyers were getting/using one. I totally see the value in the non-visible light models. I guess that is really what they are hoping to sell to, along with the mounts they also sell for Mavic, P3P, P4, Inspire.

I thought about getting one of these for my fixed-wing mapper birds but there is no shutter priority option. That means you cannot really fly faster than about 22 mph and still get crisp, sharp pictures. And even then you at the mercy of changing lighting conditions during a flight. Fine for a multirotor but not so much for fixed wings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20