Map will not display or load in DJI app

Reaction score
For the last couple flights my DJI app will not load any map view at all. It powers up and says, "the home point has been updated to check it on the map." Only thing there is no map. I have had to switch over to my Litchi app for back up and it shows everything just as it should. I just don't get it... I have even deleted the app and reloaded it to get the map to show and it does. My cellular data is working to cover not having wifi. This problem has also happened even at my home, no map showing at all. Any ideas that I have not tried?

For the last couple flights my DJI app will not load any map view at all. It powers up and says, "the home point has been updated to check it on the map." Only thing there is no map. I have had to switch over to my Litchi app for back up and it shows everything just as it should. I just don't get it... I have even deleted the app and reloaded it to get the map to show and it does. My cellular data is working to cover not having wifi. This problem has also happened even at my home, no map showing at all. Any ideas that I have not tried?
Have a read on "CACHE MAPS",mayby not been saved with djigo4,

Different equipment bur same behavior: P3P, iPad pro 9.7, DJI GO 3 - all was properly working before last update, now with 1.11.0020, app 3.1.14 no more maps no matter what I do. IOS Maps app works fine, in Litchi maps are there... recalibrated all after update, Gps satellites >14
Also video signal more unstable than before and got crazy to override the 30/50 metres limits even if logged in
Seems this version of app is very bad, hope an update arrives soon.
In the meantime I will learn to use Litchi

After a few batteries more of experiments I found this workaround (it works on IOS, no android device to test on). It worked reliably for me, tried some variations in the sequence but this below is the only one that worked
1- start DJI GO and in the gray "map" lock the map orientation (tap on compass needle to overlay a lock on it) - this setting will be maintained, so it's only needed once (the first time)- exit DJI GO (unload from memory)
2- start RC and Phantom
3- launch Litchi, the map will be there
4- exit Litchi (unload from memory)
5- launch DJI GO, the map should be there now
6- hopefully you can now take off...

I will give that a try also. I have only found so far that deleting the app then reloading it from the app store. This has been the only way it reloads the map. My video recording has also been broken. The screen just flashes to blank then back. Thanks...

I will give that a try also. I have only found so far that deleting the app then reloading it from the app store. This has been the only way it reloads the map. My video recording has also been broken. The screen just flashes to blank then back. Thanks...
Could check your tranmission settings mightvfind better channel or sd and usb cord ,also have play with different recording options,im on 1080/24fps,i think every drone bit different here ,bit odd on the maps how you have to reinstall app all the time,that sux,i go have look on google and see what they

In djigo app click top right screen 3 bars ,offline map and options come up for state
1503087774499-437241891.jpg

I already took your advise and changed cord and setting for recording. Let you know after next flight...you will like the Litchi app. The waypoint setting is what I would like to see in the DJI app. It will let you scroll over your map to a distant area you want to fly and set the flight route up from home. Change camera angles, speed, altitude, and so much more. You do not have to pre-fly the route then set it up as in the DJI app. Thanks again for the help! Caio...

I already took your advise and changed cord and setting for recording. Let you know after next flight...you will like the Litchi app. The waypoint setting is what I would like to see in the DJI app. It will let you scroll over your map to a distant area you want to fly and set the flight route up from home. Change camera angles, speed, altitude, and so much more. You do not have to pre-fly the route then set it up as in the DJI app. Thanks again for the help! Caio...
Hi was out for a bit,yes i use litchi but just have djigo4 and djigo .one dedicated tablet for flying ,all the best and have a good flight,forgot,nother handy tip for testing recording just go through each setting while holding drone (not started) ,saves taking off and landin all the time to test :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen