Map not working on Go app

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with the map not loading while running the app. This just started a day or two ago after updates to all. All I am getting is a gray screen where map should be. The Gps will update my home start but nothing shows. Usually I have grid if no map is available to fly with. I reloaded the Go app on IPad and map worked one time. Second time went to fly back to gray screen again. Any ideas ? Thanks for any help.. Forgot to mention everything else on app works as it should.

Last edited:
Just found out something else. I believe it's the app. Just tried my IPhone and it works as it should. But I have not updated the Go app on the phone. Any ideas or cures ? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. I've searched the forums for everything related to maps and tried everything that was suggested. Still no map. I'm using an iPad Air 2 with wifi & cellular and I have map cache turned on. If go to the flight log and look at the flight after it completes the map loads there. But not on the main screen. It does load on my iphone7. Just not on iPad. Sent an email to DJI support. No response.

contacted dji also. it's the update that's for sure. dji suppost to be working on it. I ended up loading the Litchi app so as to fly with a map. works great.

Does anyone know if DJI has come up with the patch to fix the update error for crashing Ipads and no maps. Yet ?

contacted dji also. it's the update that's for sure. dji suppost to be working on it. I ended up loading the Litchi app so as to fly with a map. works great.

I noticed that too...

DJI GO... No map

Litchi... Yes map

My RC has the latest firmware

But still have the previous (not the last one) on the AC.

P3A
iPad Air 2

I noticed this a few days ago, prior to updating to the 7/2017 firmware. I updated last night and still have the issues.

I have the map when I use the Litchi app and the IPad.. I have the map when I use my IPhone and the DJI Go app.. But I have no map when I used my IPad Pro 9.75 and the DJI Go app.. I have the latest version of the app. But I am going to remove it and re-install the app.

It is obviously something to do with the Ipad and app interface.

I would be real interested to know if anyone finds a fix, I really do not think it is a result of the firmware update. I had it before and after on the IPad. And the IPhone and Litchi apps all work flawlessly.

Please Advise folks.

OK Guys. I simply deleted the DJI go app from my IPad and then reinstalled it. The map is back. Problem solved.

I deleted over and over and reinstalled with the same problem. It would work for a couple flights but if I turn the app off it would return to a gray screen with no map. I did find a couple things. DJI GO app was updated on Aug 1. So I did the new update app. Plus someone told me to leave your compass in the map in the locked position. I flew sunday threw all five of my batteries shutting down between flights and it worked all day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers