Map Location about 200m off the mark

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So this is odd. I had the same problem with my Phantom 2 before an update and now having the problem with my Phantom 3 Advanced after an update when using DJI Pilot. My P3 warms up and sets a homepoint, but its about 200m East of where I am actually standing. It shows my phone at this incorrect location as well... 200m East. I went to a new location about 15KM from here and got the same error. It looks like its exactly 200m East of where I am actually standing. When I initiate RTH it will come back to me, but I am pretty uneasy with this situation. I have access to another Phantom 3 and it shows the same error. Oddly enough, when I use a different flight program (Litchi) it appears in the correct location. Any thoughts about what could be causing this? I have eliminated it being a satellite problem. I noticed only one other person who had this problem in January. He was flying a P2 and he was located in Hong Kong, as am I. I wonder if its a glitch with google maps in HK.

Does the google maps app show your location properly?

Yeah, I thought about these things too. My Google Maps shows the correct location of my phone outside the dji app. I was sure to turn on location services yesterday and I can see that DJI Pilot uses it (high usage warning, in fact). Did a Compass calibration before my first flight yesterday. Still shows an oddly consistent 200m east of my actual location for both my phone and bird. It's so strange because I had the EXACT same problem with my P2 on a different phone than I'm currently using. I'm just baffled. I'll to to take screen shots today of both Google Maps and DJI Pilot location today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.