Map has disappeared at bottom of screen on DJI go app....

Reaction score
I am flying a Phantom 3 adv using the DJI go app. I went to France and the Map disappeared at bottom of the scree. The box was there but no drone icon, just grey screen. I thought it may be tO do with flying in France and ignored it. Now I'm back in the UK, I have the same problem. " Map cached in background " is turned on, and curiously, it is all there in the flight records. I'm reluctant to delete app and reinstall, as I did this on My phone, and it deleted all My flight records. Does anyone have any ideas, how to get it back ? Hope someone knows.

It appears that your tablet had no connection to internet when you visited France. To get the maps of the current location correctly, you need the DJI Go app to connect to internet.

Reactions: blomdido
I am flying a Phantom 3 adv using the DJI go app. I went to France and the Map disappeared at bottom of the scree. The box was there but no drone icon, just grey screen. I thought it may be tO do with flying in France and ignored it. Now I'm back in the UK, I have the same problem. " Map cached in background " is turned on, and curiously, it is all there in the flight records. I'm reluctant to delete app and reinstall, as I did this on My phone, and it deleted all My flight records. Does anyone have any ideas, how to get it back ? Hope someone knows.

Dear Blomdido,
This has nothing to do with France or your internet connection It is the latest upgrade to the DJI Go App.
Just read all the negative reviews on the upgrade. I have the same issue NO MAP I must have deleted and reinstall the app. 6 times already to get the map to appear. Additionally I an experiencing my altitude at times has been limited to 90 feet telling me I have reached the max altitude, this just happen to a new Phantom 3 Professional and my Phantom 3 Advanced which I been flying for 3 years. I just bought the professional a couple go days ago, now I get an calibration sensor failed warning and must restart the aircraft and call DJI and report it if this keeps happening. Again I believe this is the Go app. and not the aircraft. I have 6 days to return my new refurbished Pro.
I am very upset with DJI everything work great until this Go app. update. Maybe this is their way to force us to upgrade to a Phantom 4 series.
Best Regards.
Willam E. Burrows Jr.
P.S. I setup an account with the DJI Store and they will not take my American Express Credit card only in Europe.
I tried to delete my account but that seems to be real problem that I am still working on.

I'm reluctant to delete app and reinstall, as I did this on My phone, and it deleted all My flight records
You won't lose your flight logs if you sync them in DJI GO like this before and after reinstalling DJI GO.

Additionally I an experiencing my altitude at times has been limited to 90 feet telling me I have reached the max altitude, this just happen to a new Phantom 3 Professional and my Phantom 3 Advanced which I been flying for 3 years.
See this post for details on how to resolve that issue.

Thank You alokbhargava, William E Burrows Jr & msinger. I definately don't need Wifi to use DJI go app, never done so before. Thanks for Your enlightening answers. [emoji106][emoji41]

Thanks Msinger. I synced My flight logs, deleted app, redownloaded and uploaded flight logs no problem. Still no Maps. I feel like I have a very expensive paperweight.
It turns out lots of people are having the same problem

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik