Manufacturing Discusion

Reaction score
You seem to be stuck on the fact that DJI is Chinese. Would it help if it was a US company? Get over the Chinese thing.

It better help, having Mr D Trump as president everything will be made in America. Stuff may well be better made as well.

This has not been a party political broadcast, well: it was really.

Westland:
I think you made a good point and I can certainly understand the pressure and insecurity the staff might be under. Assumingly upper management is not doing much to release some of the pressure. And here is my point of critique:

Given the company is overrun with success much larger then they anticipated, that creates problems AND opportunity. If their business modell was based on much lower numbers, a larger scale of sales will expand the profit margin to an even larger extent. But this windfall create also opportunity to add more and appropiate (real bilingual)staff. Yes, that might mean to import some talent that would be more expensive than local help.
If a company decides to go after international markets, they can't be surprised by the fact that these markets needs support and service in their language!

We could all take some semester of Chinese to help out. Unfortunately all the extra money, now in the hands of the manufacturer, comes from us, so we can't afford these language lessons. Again, I feel for the worker who have to deal with the number of complains and issues. But as a businessman myself, serving markets in other than my own languages, I don't have much sympathy for the leaders at DJI who are letting these things happen. Just my $0.02.
The success of any company relies on the fact that the company will service what they sell. DJI has definitely already failed in that department with their six-week turn around time. They need to have enough replacement parts available to take care of the units that break down, wear out and just need repair. Batteries are hard to get. Body shells are hard to come by. It's very difficult to open the shell. They don't want us servicing our own units. Another fail in my opinion. Their firmware failures. Fracture cracks. Fly-aways. No bulletins from DJI on any of these issues. This is a company that operates under a Communist regime. The people that build these toys for us consumers, these people are not a free people. They make cents per hour. The free world is the ones that are buying DJI's products. Not North Korea, not Cuba, not Iran, not third world countries and I doubt the Chinese people buy these. American's expect to have the products they buy, serviced. If not, generally those unhappy consumers will not rebuy the product. I have read on here that some/a few P3 owners are having their P3's break down and turn around and buy another one or two to replace the one that doesn't work. That's their business, but that is not good consumer practice or investment. That's what they call throwing good money after bad. Chrysler is buying back hundreds of thousand of vehicles because they are not right. That's the difference between buying American versus buying foreign.

Reactions: jeffreyi
The success of any company relies on the fact that the company will service what they sell. DJI has definitely already failed in that department with their six-week turn around time. They need to have enough replacement parts available to take care of the units that break down, wear out and just need repair. Batteries are hard to get. Body shells are hard to come by. It's very difficult to open the shell. They don't want us servicing our own units. Another fail in my opinion. Their firmware failures. Fracture cracks. Fly-aways. No bulletins from DJI on any of these issues. This is a company that operates under a Communist regime. The people that build these toys for us consumers, these people are not a free people. They make cents per hour. The free world is the ones that are buying DJI's products. Not North Korea, not Cuba, not Iran, not third world countries and I doubt the Chinese people buy these. American's expect to have the products they buy, serviced. If not, generally those unhappy consumers will not rebuy the product. I have read on here that some/a few P3 owners are having their P3's break down and turn around and buy another one or two to replace the one that doesn't work. That's their business, but that is not good consumer practice or investment. That's what they call throwing good money after bad. Chrysler is buying back hundreds of thousand of vehicles because they are not right. That's the difference between buying American versus buying foreign.

Are you aware of how many of the things you (and everyone else) own are made in China by those same poor disenfranchised folk? There are people all around the world working in those conditions. It's not a Chinese specific issue. I hope a tear falls from your eye when you walk into a Walmart.

If you think Chrysler is recalling vehicles due to their abnormally high morals and NOT because they'd get sued into bankruptcy (from which we'd just bail them out of, again) then you're really drinking that red white and blue koolaid.

Are you aware of how many of the things you (and everyone else) own are made in China by those same poor disenfranchised folk? There are people all around the world working in those conditions. It's not a Chinese specific issue. I hope a tear falls from your eye when you walk into a Walmart.

If you think Chrysler is recalling vehicles due to their abnormally high morals and NOT because they'd get sued into bankruptcy (from which we'd just bail them out of, again) then you're really drinking that red white and blue koolaid.
I really wonder if you know that the Chinese products issue is a big part of America's problems? Invest in America and buy American. By that way, not that I even care a bit of what you think, I do not shop at Walmart. You act like you know me by suggesting I buy at Walmart. If any drone was made in America I sure as hell wouldn't have bought a DJI. If any TV or computer was made in America I sure as hell wouldn't buy a Japanese. And you won't find any foreign vehicles in my driveway. None. Not motorcycles, boats or RV's on my property. Does that make me special? Not at all. But I practice what I preach. Do you?

I really wonder if you know that the Chinese products issue is a big part of America's problems? Invest in America and buy American. By that way, not that I even care a bit of what you think, I do not shop at Walmart. You act like you know me by suggesting I buy at Walmart. If any drone was made in America I sure as hell wouldn't have bought a DJI. If any TV or computer was made in America I sure as hell wouldn't buy a Japanese. And you won't find any foreign vehicles in my driveway. None. Not motorcycles, boats or RV's on my property. Does that make me special? Not at all. But I practice what I preach. Do you?

You've never been to a Walmart? I doubt it but I'll take your word for it.

I'm sure there are drones made in the US. Although I'm sure they make theirs in China, I'm pretty sure 3DR is an American company. Why didn't you go with a Solo and support them?

Does having American vehicles make you special? No, just like you said. It makes you someone who supports companies who GENERALLY produce less reliable vehicles.

As far as practicing what I preach, I'm not the one preaching here. I'm calling out someone who sounds like they're obsessed with picking on China when they're just one of MANY countries with cheap/slave labor practices.

Personally, I buy Japanese vehicles (even went out of my way to make sure mine was MADE in Japan) because they're less likely to be covered in super cheap plastic interiors or die before 100k. I could be wrong but they didn't need bailouts because people actually buy their quality vehicles and since I'm not a fool nor rich, I won't spend money buying something that I'll have to replace more often just because it's made in 'Murica.

You've never been to a Walmart? I doubt it but I'll take your word for it.

I'm sure there are drones made in the US. Although I'm sure they make theirs in China, I'm pretty sure 3DR is an American company. Why didn't you go with a Solo and support them?

Does having American vehicles make you special? No, just like you said. It makes you someone who supports companies who GENERALLY produce less reliable vehicles.

As far as practicing what I preach, I'm not the one preaching here. I'm calling out someone who sounds like they're obsessed with picking on China when they're just one of MANY countries with cheap/slave labor practices.

Personally, I buy Japanese vehicles (even went out of my way to make sure mine was MADE in Japan) because they're less likely to be covered in super cheap plastic interiors or die before 100k. I could be wrong but they didn't need bailouts because people actually buy their quality vehicles and since I'm not a fool nor rich, I won't spend money buying something that I'll have to replace more often just because it's made in 'Murica.
Somehow I knew you didn't support the very country you live in. You buy foreign vehicles. That's your choice. I bet you march into the dealership without any concern for your country when you buy a car. I didn't say I have never been in Walmart. I said that I don't shop there. Maybe you don't read to well yet. Obviously you are still wet behind the ears. You haven't lived in life long enough to know that you support your Country where ever and when ever you can. Its a matter of choice. Certainly when it comes to cars all Americans have a choice to support American workers and buy American or have the profits made by foreign vehicles go offshore. I have you heard about how screwed up Toyota has been on recalls. I wouldn't buy one of those if they gave me one. Truly, I'm not joking. You couldn't give me one. But you go on your way a keep buying un-American.

Chrysler is buying back hundreds of thousand of vehicles because they are not right. That's the difference between buying American versus buying foreign.

Chrysler is buying back cars because they had one of the biggest botched recalls in automotive history. Oh, and the government is forcing them to offer buy backs. Great example of an American company that can't get it's act together. And remember it is Fiat Chrysler now. They've got that foreign Italian blood in them now. God help 'murica! :eek:

The sooner you get over this Chinese vs. US delusion, the sooner you'll realize your stereotype is all wrong. After all, the undisputed number one drone company is a Chinese company. The only American competitors are rather pathetic. Let's hope that changes.

DJI acts like an American company. They only focus on sales. They don't have a long term customer strategy. They don't care if you buy again or not. You just gave them $1,300 for something that cost $300 to manufacture. That's an Apple sized margin. And last I checked, focusing your company entirely on short term revenue is an American invention.

Reactions: Canadian
Chrysler is buying back cars because they had one of the biggest botched recalls in automotive history. Oh, and the government is forcing them to offer buy backs. Great example of an American company that can't get it's act together. And remember it is Fiat Chrysler now. They've got that foreign Italian blood in them now. God help 'murica! :eek:

The sooner you get over this Chinese vs. US delusion, the sooner you'll realize your stereotype is all wrong. After all, the undisputed number one drone company is a Chinese company. The only American competitors are rather pathetic. Let's hope that changes.

DJI acts like an American company. They only focus on sales. They don't have a long term customer strategy. They don't care if you buy again or not. You just gave them $1,300 for something that cost $300 to manufacture. That's an Apple sized margin. And last I checked, focusing your company entirely on short term revenue is an American invention.
You are a Staff Member. You are mandated to stand for what's wrong. Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer. China is not a friend of the US and has never been. They just recently got caught for hacking us. And how dare you make a mockery of America's real name.

So everyone can see the rule in question here...

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Somehow I knew you didn't support the very country you live in. You buy foreign vehicles. That's your choice. I bet you march into the dealership without any concern for your country when you buy a car. I didn't say I have never been in Walmart. I said that I don't shop there. Maybe you don't read to well yet. Obviously you are still wet behind the ears. You haven't lived in life long enough to know that you support your Country where ever and when ever you can. Its a matter of choice. Certainly when it comes to cars all Americans have a choice to support American workers and buy American or have the profits made by foreign vehicles go offshore. I have you heard about how screwed up Toyota has been on recalls. I wouldn't buy one of those if they gave me one. Truly, I'm not joking. You couldn't give me one. But you go on your way a keep buying un-American.

While I can respect your idea of trying to buy American, like your car analogy. Do you have any idea how much all American car companies are in bed with foreign companies? Have you ever inquired about how GM is focusing on China right now? Most Fords are just re-badged Mazdas. Chrysler cars can be hacked and the brakes can be shut off! Why is that even possible? Any idea how many foreign parts are in your "American" car? I have 4 vehicles, one Jeep Wrangler, one Cadillac Escalade, one Chevrolet Corvette and one Honda Element. The Jeep was made in Toledo, Ohio, the Escalade was made in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico, my Corvette was built in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and my Honda was built in Lincoln, Alabama. Not one of them has parts from just the country it was manufactured in, they have parts from around the world. The America of yesteryear is gone, it was forced out by globalization. By the way, it is your elected leaders that have gotten us to where we are today. There is no more "us & them" it is now "we". Everyone is in this together now. Your telling people not to buy Chinese is like the "don't buy gas on Thursday" campaign, they just bought their gas on Friday, because they had to, and people will buy Chinese because there is little to no options (see my comment about elected leaders).

Back on topic - since Blade Strike has made his thoughts known here I hope that DJI will be aware of situations like this and will work towards fixing them.

You don't shop at Walmart but you go there? What are you doing? Working there?

I knew you'd come with a Toyota reference. I can name all kinds of recalls by US auto makers. The facts are on my side. Toyota makes more reliable cars than any US company I can think of but I drive a Japanese designed and made Honda. I'll stop going back and forth with you since you obviously bleed red white and blue no matter how irrational you sound. I think things are the best when they're proven to be the best, not because I have some connection to them.

Says the guy who bought a DJI phantom over a 3DR solo...

Says the guy who bought a DJI phantom over a 3DR solo...
Yeah, that's what I said but I didn't get a reply about that. I got called wet behind the ears and preached to about buying American.

But the solo is made in china...?

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

While I can respect your idea of trying to buy American, like your car analogy. Do you have any idea how much all American car companies are in bed with foreign companies? Have you ever inquired about how GM is focusing on China right now? Most Fords are just re-badged Mazdas. Chrysler cars can be hacked and the brakes can be shut off! Why is that even possible? Any idea how many foreign parts are in your "American" car? I have 4 vehicles, one Jeep Wrangler, one Cadillac Escalade, one Chevrolet Corvette and one Honda Element. The Jeep was made in Toledo, Ohio, the Escalade was made in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico, my Corvette was built in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and my Honda was built in Lincoln, Alabama. Not one of them has parts from just the country it was manufactured in, they have parts from around the world. The America of yesteryear is gone, it was forced out by globalization. By the way, it is your elected leaders that have gotten us to where we are today. There is no more "us & them" it is now "we". Everyone is in this together now. Your telling people not to buy Chinese is like the "don't buy gas on Thursday" campaign, they just bought their gas on Friday, because they had to, and people will buy Chinese because there is little to no options (see my comment about elected leaders).

Back on topic - since Blade Strike has made his thoughts known here I hope that DJI will be aware of situations like this and will work towards fixing them.
I'm talking about searching out vehicles where America benefits the most from your's or my purchase. The window sticker on new vehicles tell what percentage of the total vehicle is made/assembled in America. If Americans would be concerned about that small issue, America would be in better financial status. Chevy or GM, Ford and Chrysler (Harley-Davidson, Indian, and a couple others) are the American big three. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Kia, Nissan, etc., the profits go off-shore. Open the door on the drivers side of any American made car and you will find a sticker that proudly displays where it is made. I always laugh when people have a "support our troops" sticker on a Toyota or a Nissan.

I would agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence in your post.
How long has it been since the 1.2.6 firmware issue was discovered and no solution yet? How long has it been since the stress cracks began showing up and no solution yet? How long has it been taking six weeks to get your drone serviced and no solution yet. I keep hearing the firmware solution is coming soon. How long is soon? I'm a person who keeps the pressure on until a solution is made. If there is something wrong, I won't give up. If they fix it, I will be very grateful. If they don't, I will never support such a supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't shop at Walmart but you go there? What are you doing? Working there?

I knew you'd come with a Toyota reference. I can name all kinds of recalls by US auto makers. The facts are on my side. Toyota makes more reliable cars than any US company I can think of but I drive a Japanese designed and made Honda. I'll stop going back and forth with you since you obviously bleed red white and blue no matter how irrational you sound. I think things are the best when they're proven to be the best, not because I have some connection to them.
I buy American vehicles only. That's my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually never mind..

Good day!

Last edited:
I'm talking about searching out vehicles where America benefits the most from your's or my purchase. The window sticker on new vehicles tell what percentage of the total vehicle is made/assembled in America. If Americans would be concerned about that small issue, America would be in better financial status. Chevy or GM, Ford and Chrysler (Harley-Davidson, Indian, and a couple others) are the American big three. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Kia, Nissan, etc., the profits go off-shore. Open the door on the drivers side of any American made car and you will find a sticker that proudly displays where it is made. I always laugh when people have a "support our troops" sticker on a Toyota or a Nissan.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmu...-than-a-ford-f-150-pickup-try-a-toyota-camry/

I remember back in the 70s, people would have stickers on their car or truck stating BUY A FOREIGN CAR AND PUT 10 AMERICANS OUT OF WORK. At the same time they bought Sony, Panasonic, .and many other brands that were foreign. I think most that displayed these stickers were auto workers. The problem is that America couldn't or wouldn't produce the same quality products in the same price range. American people are spoiled. We allowed all this crap to come from China and the other countries and bought it. We are loyal to our country until it comes to our wallet.

I remember back in the 70s, people would have stickers on their car or truck stating BUY A FOREIGN CAR AND PUT 10 AMERICANS OUT OF WORK. At the same time they bought Sony, Panasonic, .and many other brands that were foreign. I think most that displayed these stickers were auto workers. The problem is that America couldn't or wouldn't produce the same quality products in the same price range. American people are spoiled. We allowed all this crap to come from China and the other countries and bought it. We are loyal to our country until it comes to our wallet.

At the Delco plant when it operated, they would make the workers with foreign vehicles park way out in a separate area of the parking lot. There were a lot of those bumper stickers here. Another popular one said... "Hungry? Out of work? Eat your rice burner!"

@AbsPapa
I live in a city that was big on manufacturing. We had Delco/Remy (built the electric motors, engine parts, manifolds, etc), Rochester Products (built Rochester carbs, etc.), and many smaller factories that produced products that went into automobiles. All that is gone today. And did you know a 1/3 of the cars GM makes are made and sold in China. Did you know China is the reason GM's last quarter was better than expected? GM has pumped over 15 BILLION dollars into China. So who do you think they love more? Us or them? I'll tell you who, it is the guy with the spending money. These companies today are globalized, there is no loyalty. You go ahead and tell yourself your helping America by buying goods made here, all the while the companies you support, they support China more than the country they started in, your country, America. So whats a consumer to do. Money & politics make the world go round my friend and were just all caught up in the spin cycle.

Reactions: dirkclod
People in America want the dream. They want the house, a car or two, boat, and all the extras. That's fine but you have to make a good salary to afford it. We are not willing to work for low wages to make products that people can afford. People in China and other countries are glad to have a small place to live and food on the table. Our American dollars buying their products and the workers making minimum wages makes it work.
I have been in the refrigeration industry for over 40 years. back in the 70s some companies found it more profitable to import parts to America from all over...ship to Italy to have it assembled and shipped back to the states. How crazy is that?

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.