Manual setting home point?

Reaction score
I am testing how to manually set the home point/home lock on my V+. I waited until it got 6 sats and then I flipped the S2 switch between lower home lock and middle course lock several times quickly, but I cannot get it to give me the fast green blinking lights.

I am following the directions from here: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... Home_Point

Thoughts?

Per the DJI manual:

Quickly flipping the S2 switch of the Remote Controller from top to bottom 5 times or more will reset the current aircraft position as a new home point. Rear LED flight indicators will blink green rapidly when successful.

Last edited:
msinger said:
Per the DJI instructions, you need to toggle between OFF (top S2 position) and Course Lock (middle S2 position) 3-5 times. It sounds like you're toggling between Course Lock (middle S2 position) and Home Lock (bottom S2 position).

Off & CL will set the course (direction it's pointing) and between CL and HL is supposed to set the home point.

From what I understand, when you manually set the HP it should give the rapid green blinks.

msinger said:
Per the DJI instructions, you need to toggle between OFF (top S2 position) and Course Lock (middle S2 position) 3-5 times. It sounds like you're toggling between Course Lock (middle S2 position) and Home Lock (bottom S2 position).

Are you sure about this?

The OP is asking about re-setting HL not CL.

CL re-set is S2 toggle top to middle 5 or so times ending in middle position.

HL re-set is S2 toggle middle to bottom 5 or so times ending in bottom position.

The toggle cadence is important here and can be frustrating.

another case of discrepancy in manuals.... guess only way to find real answer is try it yourself. since you tried the mid-down and that did not work, time to try top to bottom and see if that one is right....

No, what I said above is not correct. This is what the Phantom manual says:

Quickly flipping the S2 switch of the Remote Controller from top to bottom 5 times or more will reset the current aircraft position as a new home point. Rear LED flight indicators will blink green rapidly when successful.

Last edited:
On my P1...CL is reset by going from off to middle position quickly 5-6 times. Home lock is from CL position to HL 5-6 times ending in middle. I have tested this numerous times. Timing is a key thing.

Monte55 said:
On my P1...CL is reset by going from off to middle position quickly 5-6 times. Home lock is from CL position to HL 5-6 times ending in middle. I have tested this numerous times. Timing is a key thing.

This is the correct way to record in NAZA mode. If you are in Phantom mode follow manual.
Only need to toggle 3-5 times.

FWIW in Naza mode when I flip S2 top to bottom 3 - 5 times it will flash green quickly. When in flip from off to CL or CL to HL 3 - 5 times I get nothing.

I will add that you better have your mind straight doing this. Let's say I start off on ground by me and get CL and HL facing north. If I fly north out 100 feet and enter cl or hl and pull back on right stick, both will bring it back to me. But if I fly north a ways and reset HL things will be different. If hl is selected it will head to new home point and as it gets to within about 30 feet of that new point out in front of me, it will switch to cl and immediately head south. It can be a bit confusing if your are not thinking correctly. It's a cool feature.

cougar said:
Monte55 said:

This is the correct way to record in NAZA mode. If you are in Phantom mode follow manual.
Only need to toggle 3-5 times.
I don't have Phantom mode. I have a P1. I either have IOC on or off in software.

Pmcdn said:
FWIW in Naza mode when I flip S2 top to bottom 3 - 5 times it will flash green quickly. When in flip from off to CL or CL to HL 3 - 5 times I get nothing.

To test Home Lock:

After taking off, fly straight out minimum 20-30 meter, yaw model 90 degrees, switch (S2) to home lock and pull back on the right stick.
If the model comes straight back you have successfully recorded home point.

Try this. Get hl and cl on ground pointing north. . Now fly north out about 100 feet or so. Reset home point. Fly quad back to you. Select HL and pull back on right stick. The quad will fly away from you to new home point and when it gets to within about 30 feet of new home point it goes into course lock and comes back to you all the while holding right stick back.

yorlik said:
another case of discrepancy in manuals.... guess only way to find real answer is try it yourself. since you tried the mid-down and that did not work, time to try top to bottom and see if that one is right....

Yep..try it yourself and see what your bird does...for both of my vision 2 and my plus I have to toggle the S2 from off to CL (the middle position) 4 times to manually set the home point/failsafe point. I do this every time I bring the bird up and listen to the motors for any interference or anomalies for 30 seconds or so. If I toggle that switch 5 times, it will not work, I will not get the flashing green lights indicating the HP is set.

Monte55 said:
I will add that you better have your mind straight doing this. Let's say I start off on ground by me and get CL and HL facing north. If I fly north out 100 feet and enter cl or hl and pull back on right stick, both will bring it back to me. But if I fly north a ways and reset HL things will be different. If hl is selected it will head to new home point and as it gets to within about 30 feet of that new point out in front of me, it will switch to cl and immediately head south. It can be a bit confusing if your are not thinking correctly. It's a cool feature.

I agree.

Bluethundr said:
yorlik said:

Yep..try it yourself and see what your bird does...for both of my vision 2 and my plus I have to toggle the S2 from off to CL (the middle position) 4 times to manually set the home point/failsafe point. I do this every time I bring the bird up and listen to the motors for any interference or anomalies for 30 seconds or so. If I toggle that switch 5 times, it will not work, I will not get the flashing green lights indicating the HP is set.
How are you resetting home point by only flipping S2 from off to cl position. That makes no sense.

Monte55 said:
Bluethundr said:
yorlik said:

How are you resetting home point by only flipping S2 from off to cl position. That makes no sense.

no idea..i followed what dji wrote ..but my birds would not allow me to set the home point. Then by accident i did not go all the way down with the switch. I had only went to the center, (CL point) After 5 times nothing again. So then i did 4 times and i got the home point to work. Since then that is how i have to set my home point manually. Both my birds are like this.

Are you sure you are resetting home point? That would reset course lock. You will get the quick green flashes either way. Make sure your S2 switch is working properly in assistant. How would you reset course lock then?

Despite what you think you are not setting HL/HP by going from Off (top) to CL (middle).

Going from Off (top) to HL (bottom) is less deterministic and may result is resetting both CL & HL.

I always wondered if going from top to bottom would reset both. I haven't tested that. Don't plan to. I have seen videos of people just flipping the switch any which way . Ya have to learn when you see informative videos what is pure crap. Resetting both at the same time..if it can be done...can really mess you up if you are not sure exactly which way your quad is facing when cl is reset. Home point is easy. You can see the quad even far away. But setting cl and not knowing exactly its heading can lead to disaster. I'm sure some have crashed because they didn't understand this and the quad was not ...in their mind...responding properly to stick input. Thus...the fly away perhaps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31