Manual RC Firmware Downgrade not using DJI Go

Reaction score
Hi all. Once again someone is stuck with bad firmware upgrades.

I tried to go from RC 1.5.8 to 1.9.3 using DJI Go app (IOS 11), but installation failed. The download process was successful and after 20 seconds trying to install the app replies with a message "Install Failed. Try again". I press install again and it says disconnected. The app disconnects but the RC keeps beeping. I have repeated this process again and again. I don't need to say what happens when I try again. No difference.

The RC keeps beeping and doesn't stop so I always have to shut down and power on again. Not sure when, but when I started my RC was at 1.5.8. Now it shows 1.6.0+. My AC is at 1.7.6 and I now want to go back with RC to 1.5.8.

I have already tried downgrading using DJI Go app. I got the options 1.5.8, 1.6.0 and 1.8. None of them works and it always fails when the install process starts. The message is always the same "Install Failed. Try Again". Tried downgrade using the USB dumb drive and SD card installed in the AC gimbal. It doesn't work as the RC firmware is now only supposed to upgrade//downgrade using DJI go ap. I am using the latest 3.1.15. I have also tried with my other IOS device DJI Go 2.1.6. Same error. It downloads but the install process never shows progress beyond 0%. The message cames and the app disconnect from the RC. The RC always keeps beeping loud but never stops. I have wait for more than 30 min and never changes the beep.

DJI is asking me to send the RC for service. I want to try to fix myself. So, let me know who can help with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Andre

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20