Manual Override of Low Battery Emer RTH?

Reaction score
How do you manually override a Low Battery emergency RTH? Can it be overridden the same in the App or by pressing the physical button on the RC controller the same as cancelling a normal RTH? This will be good to know in emergency situations.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Low battery RTH can be cancelled by pressing the RTH button on the front of the remote controller. The critically low battery auto landing cannot be cancelled though. The only thing you can do is hold the throttle in the full up position and steer your Phantom to the best possible landing location. If you choose to do that, keep an eye on the battery voltage to ensure you do not let the battery reach 3.0V (where it auto shuts off).

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
By pushing the battery beyond the limits you're risking an uncontrolled decent and impact with Terra Firma. When it hits CRITICAL low those props stop turning and your aircraft becomes a yard dart.

When you're operating at the lower limits of the energy level you are skating a very fine line. If you try to over ride it or try to "extend" the landing by giving UP throttle you're putting MORE strain on the propulsion system potentially causing the lower limit shutdown to take place sooner than later. When the battery gets to it's lower levels it looses it's PUNCH and will require more energy to do less work in a very disproportionate manner.

From years of trial and error we have learned it's always better to "land with a little extra in the tank" rather than experience a total power loss with no means of recover... I mean NO means of recover what so ever. Power management is your top priority because without it you have no control over anything else.

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
I usually start home when I get the 30% warning but wanted to know the procedure just in case it ever happened to me. Never know, winds could come up suddenly or something unpredictable. Thanks for the info guys. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4