Manual Mode stunt flying with P2 or use frame?

Reaction score
Right Now I have a P2 with Zemuse gimbal for AP.

I have been doing a lot of research and there are so many options for Sports Aerobatic flying... however I can't find a happy medium. Fast fun to fly and long flight times don't exist!!!!

Sooo... My idea... P2 without gimbal... Non GoPro camera with pan/tilt head tracker... small size for weight but can record 1080p. should be light and with the stock configuration should be fine right?

My only concern is durability... Maybe I should just build a lightweight quad just like the phantom except with all the specs and controls of the phantom including the stock controller? seems too easy and a lot of features without getting into something crazy. Should be easy to tune line a phantom?

And what about battery. Can i mimic the stock DJI Battery and get same flight times?

OH and where can I learn to stunt fly?

If you're looking for sport/aerobic flying, move away from the Phantom - simply wasn't designed for it.

There are far better platforms out there on which to start. Most build based off of some of the common frames that are available out there and then you get to choose your guts for what you're trying to accomplish.

Just my $.02.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
If you're looking for sport/aerobic flying, move away from the Phantom - simply wasn't designed for it.

There are far better platforms out there on which to start. Most build based off of some of the common frames that are available out there and then you get to choose your guts for what you're trying to accomplish.

Just my $.02.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

That's totally fair and I get it. But I can't find a build that would get me close to 20 min + flight time. Every build I see because of the performance motors get tops 7-8 min flights and that's casual hovering!

That's totally fair and I get it. But I can't find a build that would get me close to 20 min + flight time. Every build I see because of the performance motors get tops 7-8 min flights and that's casual hovering!

Performance costs fuel. Your fuel is the charge in the battery. The bigger the battery the more weight you have to lift. Unlike a car, the fuel tank and contents don't get any lighter as you use the fuel 'cause the charge is almost weightless.

riblit said:

Performance costs fuel. Your fuel is the charge in the battery. The bigger the battery the more weight you have to lift. Unlike a car, the fuel tank and contents don't get any lighter as you use the fuel 'cause the charge is almost weightless.

Yep... that being said. The P2 is quite a machine. What I really want is a P2 non-GoPro FPV no gimbal with a lighter or same weight frame that is just as rigid and more modularized.

AND I want it to fly 20min at least!

I want a P2 without the plastic. LOL.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik