Manual for the Vision?

Unless DJI gets all about clear written information, which I doubt, this forum is your best manual.

where did you preorder...is there usually a backup after the first orders like an iPhone

Man, you got that right as far as this forum being the manual.

Anyway, I got notified by Dronefly that the pre order is on. I was worried that it might be months before I could get it after the first sell.

You guys are brave to put $1200 into the air on what is essentially a version 1 Phantom 2. The component cost to repair looks very high.

I just got a beta unit but it came with no instructions whatsoever and I'm stuck trying to get this thing setup and working!

Everything is assembled, charged and hooked up but can't get the thing to power on nor the iPhone app to recognize it (nor WiFi connex).

Anybody have one already that can offer a couple tips? It usually takes me a long time to hear back from anybody at DJI China, which I've tried already.

Thanks in advance! - Jeff

How the heck would we have info on something you got as a beta unit??? REALLY!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Because I'm not the only one who has one, obviously. I've seen images all over the past few weeks - but thanks for the snarky response though, Fangs. :?

So in an effort to be HELPFUL I did manage to track this down and will share it with anyone else who cares. Since I'm too new here to post with an attachment apparently, I'll post a link for it from my host: http://pixelpainter.com/blog/PHANTOM2Vi ... tGuide.jpg

Cheers - Jeff

Thanks Pixel Painter!! The Quick Start Guide is helpful. OMG, The wait is SOOOO LOOOONG!

I just looked at the DJI app. Camera tilt is controlled by the iPhone's accelerometer. This alone would make me not want to use the Vision.

miskatonic said:
I just looked at the DJI app. Camera tilt is controlled by the iPhone's accelerometer. This alone would make me not want to use the Vision.

Is that a function that can be turned on or off?

Does the compass of the Vision calibrate differently than previous version of Phantom. This manual shows the second step with the front sideways, doesn't the originals calibrate in the second step with the front pointed down?

Or is the change due to firmware version 4.0 as mentioned in the "Product Release Notes" by this comment:

Revise the compass calibration description.

Cheers for that jeff

Abit tight not including the SD card though, although most should have these anyway.
But you will need at least a class 6 to record stable HD vids.

sent from a GS4 using tapacrap

miskatonic said:

You control it with a slider on the iPhone/Android app OR with tilt. Its on 2 or 3 videos out in the last two weeks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj