Manual focus bar - how effective is this when setting it to max infinity?

Reaction score
As the title states, if I set it to max infinity (ie all the way to infinity), this should set it to focus on everything else but up close correct? Or is there a sweet spot that I should set it at (ie like right below the max infinity line)?

Because when I set it to Auto and I clicked on something far away, the bar wasn't all the way to infinity??

And max infinity is towards the lying down '8' right and not the flower lol? Because I was messing around with it last night but it seemed the opposite. It could be just because it was dark and hard to tell.

I'll do some more testing later but would be great if someone could give me a head start on what settings to choose.

Thanks!

Use infinity as normal focus. If you use f4.0 and up you have absolute no problem of DOF (from few meters to 1.000.000 meters), unless you use P4P in the darkness. As an exception, check focus carefully if you go tracking a subject.

As the title states, if I set it to max infinity (ie all the way to infinity), this should set it to focus on everything else but up close correct? Or is there a sweet spot that I should set it at (ie like right below the max infinity line)?
The best point to focus on is your subject and not some fixed distance
Setting at infinity might work if everything in your picture is distant but focus extends closer and further away than the point you focus on.
This is called Depth of Field
Here are some numbers to show what DOF is for this lens:
At f2.8 and focused at 50 feet - everything from 12ft - infinity is in focus
At f5.6 and focused at 50 feet - everything from 6ft - infinity is in focus
At f11 and focused at 50 feet - everything from 3ft - infinity is in focus

Reactions: Kman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic