Manual Flight in Dronedeploy

Reaction score
I am in the trial version of Dronedeploy and I must be doing something wrong because so far I'm not impressed.
How does one get into manual mode??? The only thing I can do so far is plot a mission and fly it. But on screen shots I have seen, the regular DJI data is visible across the top showing GPS strength, battery life, etc. I don't get that on my Samsung tablet, or Tripltek.
There is a video on the DD site making it look real easy to switch to manual mode but I can't seem to access it anywhere.

I am in the trial version of Dronedeploy and I must be doing something wrong because so far I'm not impressed.
How does one get into manual mode??? The only thing I can do so far is plot a mission and fly it. But on screen shots I have seen, the regular DJI data is visible across the top showing GPS strength, battery life, etc. I don't get that on my Samsung tablet, or Tripltek.
There is a video on the DD site making it look real easy to switch to manual mode but I can't seem to access it anywhere.
Manual Mode???
I'm not sure what you mean by manual mode because DroneDeploy has no manual mode.
If you want to cancel the DD mission, you can flick the flight mode switch out of P-GPS and back again and you are now in control of the flying.
Here's an example of the normal screen display when flying a DD mission
i-NbncT9Z-L.jpg

The user guide shows manual mode. You are supposed to be able to switch between them. I though switching out of P canceled the whole mission.

I should have also mentioned flying a P4P with Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 tablet as well as a Trpltek tablet.....same for both.

I also don't see any of this on my screen.....
f76a24a-Screen_Shot_2019-11-10_at_2.38.34_PM.png

What is it that doesn't impress?
What are you wanting to use DD for?
How does one get into manual mode??? ... There is a video on the DD site making it look real easy to switch to manual mode but I can't seem to access it anywhere.
Here's what their user guide says about Manual Flight:
I can't think of many situations where you would want to use that.
They must have updated things but none of that has appeared when my app was last updated.

I have never used manual mode as I use DD and Litchi for flying missions exclusively. When I do projects that I want full control over, I simply use the DJI Go 4 app :)

Reactions: Meta4
Yes, you can switch to manual control of the AC. Sorry but I can't remember how it did it.

I only used manual control when I was concerned that DD wasn't returning to home for a new battery early enough. I took over control, landed, swapped in a new battery, and it easily resume the mission. Again, sorry I can't remember how - might have been as simple as taking over the controls.

Yes, you can switch to manual control of the AC. Sorry but I can't remember how it did it.
I only used manual control when I was concerned that DD wasn't returning to home for a new battery early enough. I took over control, landed, swapped in a new battery, and it easily resume the mission. Again, sorry I can't remember how - might have been as simple as taking over the controls.
If your drone is carrying out any automated flight like Litchi, DroneDeploy or RTH, fighting against the automated flight will usually end badly because the drone will continue flying where it wants to go.
You have to cancel the automated flight and then you will have control.
It's a simple matter to flick the flight mode switch out of P-GPS and back to cancel an automated flight mode.

I have never used manual mode as I use DD and Litchi for flying missions exclusively. When I do projects that I want full control over, I simply use the DJI Go 4 app :)
I only use Drone Deploy, Litchi, DJI Pilot and DJI Go 4 app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.