Manfrotto D1 vs Polar Pro Drone Trekker

Reaction score
I would like to buy a back pack for my P3P. I going to fly to Europe next month by Ryanair. I have seen some happy users of Drone Trekker here on the forum, I just cant decide which bag to choose Polar Pro Drone Trekker or Manfrotto D1, both are in same price in the UK. Can anyone advice which would be better and why? Any pros cons?
I personally like how is the outer of Drone Trekker looks (both zippers lockable,looks bit smaller than the D1) but imho the inner of the Manfrotto looks more professional (higher standard, more pouches etc.) .
Thank you for helping me to make decision :)

Last edited:
I have both. They are both great in different ways. The D1 is taller, so may be an issue for airline carryon, but have not used either for that yet.

I like that the aircraft sets feet down in the Trekker where it gets flipped upside down in the D1. But I am finding that going in and out of the back of the pack a bit awkward.

I have been using the D1 for six months now and have grown comfortable with where everything gets stored. Still need to get the Trekker configured to fit the 2nd P3P and stuff in the Trekker.

I think I would be more inclined to use the Trekker for carry on, but use the D1 as primary day-to-day bag.

Reactions: Before
RocketBrew thank you for your reply.
I know the Trekker is bit smaller, D1 is 3cm wider and Trekker is 4 cm wider then the Raynair's allowed carry on, but I have flown a couple of times with slightly bigger carry on without any problem.What do you think, which one of them gives you more protection. I wondering if you can take some pictures of both backpack standing next to each other.
I'm almost decided that I going for the D1.
I just really like Trekker's shoulder straps (they seems to be more padded) and also the lockable zippers and probably more discreet design. But comparing the inner of D1 Trakker looks like there is everything messed up (controled chaos :D) ...

Last edited:
I have an older DJI-branded Manfrotto that l like, but the D1 looks cooler because it will fit a DSLR as well. Plus, they've gone way down in price with the D1 being only $200US from B&H (I paid I think $350US).

My main requirement is for to hold 6 batteries plus a 10" tablet in addition to the remote + bird, which my older one does. It also holds several other accessories such as two 3-pocket lens cases, parabolic antenna extenders, spare props and SD cards, a rain cover, and more.

It looks like the D1 would hold all of that, plus that pocket on top would carry a DSLR would a lens, plus some accessories like an extra battery and media cards.

My 2 cents.
Chris

Its seems I am unlucky. When I finally decided for the Manfrotto I realized its out off stock on mannfrotto.co.uk. Blue won :) I Have to buy Polar Pro Drone Trekker for my trip.
Anyway, thank you for help

The drone crates unit is nice, buts it's much deeper than the Trekker - it is much less "backpack" looking. Just be aware.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj