Manfrotto D1 Backpack on sale at B&H for $139

Looks a little small to me, and the battery slots look P3 size. I have both a knock-off of the original DJI soft-shell backpack, and the Thinktank Helipak. The P4P fits very snug in the DJI-like backpack, and the batteries don't fit the slots. The P4P fits comfortably in the Helipak.

FYI... just ordered the Thinktank Helipak but I know this is a great bag as well. Price drop might be because they are going to come out with a new one that will fit the P4P batteries?
Best... Steve

Manfrotto D1 Backpack for Quadcopter MB BP-D1 B&H Photo Video

Aren't the P4 and P4P batteries the same dimensions? If so, they already revised the D1 to accommodate the batteries. I have it for the P4. Really is a good price. I got it for $199 and love it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
I have a big hard case that I can leave the props on all the time. I'm debating on getting this as I originally wanted a Mavic for the super portability (have sense fallen in love with the image quality)

This backpack is carry on size and can hold my DSLR which would really be awesome to have my drone and cam with me.

I recently returned this bag to Amazon because one of the clasps was broken. But here are my initial thoughts after using trying it for few days. Bag is well made and there is definitely enough space to store your P4P, remote, camera, few lenses, and accessories. However, what somewhat turned me off was the protection. It stores upside down and when closed there is just not enough protection in the front to fully protect your investment. If I give pressure in the front, I was giving pressure to the legs of the drone. And just so you all know, the 2 battery compartments fit P4 or P4P batteries with no problem. They have updated these compartments to accommodate the P4 batteries.

I recently returned this bag to Amazon because one of the clasps was broken. But here are my initial thoughts after using trying it for few days. Bag is well made and there is definitely enough space to store your P4P, remote, camera, few lenses, and accessories. However, what somewhat turned me off was the protection. It stores upside down and when closed there is just not enough protection in the front to fully protect your investment. If I give pressure in the front, I was giving pressure to the legs of the drone. And just so you all know, the 2 battery compartments fit P4 or P4P batteries with no problem. They have updated these compartments to accommodate the P4 batteries.

What are you using now?

I have the Manfrotto D1, absolutely love it, couldn't recommend it higher. Also recently got it at B&H for $139. Softer of course than a hard case, but as a backpack for hiking to locations with your bird and a ton of gear it's top notch, GREAT location bag, really well made. The P4/P4P batteries fit in the two compartments just fine, I heard somewhere along the way last year they made the adjustments to the bag for the extra room from the P3 ones, not a problem at all. If you're air traveling you may want to invest in a hard case, and if you just drive up to all of your locations and fly from there and don't need to hike, perhaps this is a little overkill, but I tend to hike to fly and the ergonomics of this thing are killer.

My only two small gripes are that there is no ideal way to carry a water bottle, so I wish it had one or two on the outside; and the tripod strap system is setup to carry the tripod over the back of the pack, which is a little unnerving since it can press on your Phantom in ways I'm not exactly psyched about, but it's rare I need it to carry a tripod so not a huge deal.

The ThinkTank Helipack looks cool, I deffo heavily considered that too. I have their Airport Takeoff roller/backpack and the Retrospective 30 for my camera gear, great company with great products as well.

Same price on Amazon and Adorama. Anyone have this for their pro?
I have this for my P4P and it works perfectly. Best backpack I have ever owned to carry a drone, my dslr, and laptop.
138a4e4b646bb0d073f64b1a7ddbdf46.jpg

e88800b814cc981f110d15585ee02423.jpg

27b3cfc453edf99f8151741d0dc5cd21.jpg

Sorry that the pics are a little blurry, I took them the other day with my phone, and was in a rush.

Reactions: Kman
I also have the Manfrotto D1 bag, ordered from Amazon UK just over a week ago at a very good price (at time was only £79 GBP, now £144) which was shipped from Germany so took just over a week to arrive. Very impressed, the P4 (Pro) batteries fit the lower pockets fine (so must be updated version) and it's really well made. Have put some covers on motors to protect prop mounts as these could be easily damaged. Agree with comments about side pockets (pretty useless as thin) and tripod, but enough space for a reasonable sized camera or other stuff in top pocket, so a handy space. I've also the GPRC 2700W hard case for when that kind of protection and extra batteries etc are needed (and when working with it).

Last edited:
I agree. The P4P batteries fit very well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just received the Thinktank Helipak. In addition to the P4P+ I have an extra battery, Nikon D7200 with L bracket, 80-200 F4 (a touch too big but workable, an 11-16 and a 35-70. Also have a laptop and all the charging stuff and still some room. I'm a short senior citizen and the bag is very comfortable to wear, straps and weight distribution very good. Only one minor issue - my wife says I look ridiculous with a suitcase strapped to my back. Best... Steve

Just received the Thinktank Helipak. In addition to the P4P+ I have an extra battery, Nikon D7200 with L bracket, 80-200 F4 (a touch too big but workable, an 11-16 and a 35-70. Also have a laptop and all the charging stuff and still some room. I'm a short senior citizen and the bag is very comfortable to wear, straps and weight distribution very good. Only one minor issue - my wife says I look ridiculous with a suitcase strapped to my back. Best... Steve

Would you mind taking a few pictures? That would be great! Thanks in advance.

Got my D1 in the mail last night. Beautifully made. I am concerned how the P4 arms towards the bottom of the bag really have no protection if I decide to set my bag down standing up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers