Manfrotto backpack

Anyone know if this will fit in the overhead bin on an airline. Anyone had actual experience travelling with this pack? Thanks.

Untitled-Buscimel.1458392597.png

Anyone know if this will fit in the overhead bin on an airline. Anyone had actual experience travelling with this pack? Thanks.
I've taken my P3P with me abroad several times in the Manfrotto backpack, never had any issues. Enough room for the bird itself, batteries, accessories, remote, iPad, a notebook and headphones. Fantastic build quality overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I wonder why they don't recommend it? Trying to push their own products instead, or because P4 is larger than P3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah.. I'm wondering why they recommend me to buy cheaper backpack.

I got the Manfrotto Backpack 3N1-35 PL for half the price of the one that DJI sells last year for my phantom 3. Fits the P4 perfectly and never had any issues flying with it. Fits in overhead and under seat. Also fits my remote with the Itelite mod which is great.

I got the Manfrotto Backpack 3N1-35 PL for half the price of the one that DJI sells last year for my phantom 3. Fits the P4 perfectly and never had any issues flying with it. Fits in overhead and under seat. Also fits my remote with the Itelite mod which is great.
Good point! Many backpacks with the custom cut insert are limiting, they won't accept RC's that have a modified antenna. DBS antenna setups fit in some backpacks, but FPVLR is too tall to fit any backpack without removing the antenna, which is a hassle. Think Tank Helipad ($250) backpack is what I use, and it's extremely roomy and accepts the DBS antenna setup installed on the RC. It can be used as carry on too. However a less expensive backpack that's almost identical in concept and design as Think Tank is made by Pro Craft ($119). It's has similar internal configurable walls that can be rearranged, since the walls are positioned inside with Velcro. Both Think Tank and ProCraft have a nice padded waist belt too, which really helps if you're going to do any serious hikes. The only issue I see with the ProCraft is there is only one carrying handle, on the top. My Think Tank has a handle on the top and the side. I use the side handle the most.

iMack,
That video is of the D1 Manfrotto pack , which is different from the one Quafe is asking about , which P4 batteries do fit in .

Reactions: WWK888
iMack,
That video is of the D1 Manfrotto pack , which is different from the one Quafe is asking about , which P4 batteries do fit in .

ah apologies your right. I'm on about about a completely different pack. Cheers

I have quite a few times. I carried my P3 (which is now lost somewhere in St. Thomas) my Sony A7, Sony A6300, two extra lenses, my MBP, and 2 iPad minis. About $5000 worth of gear. Never would I check it to get thrown around by careless airline employees. Carry on ONLY!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20