mandatory update info needed..

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 pro flies perfect now... If I keep the wi fi turned OFF on my i pad mini 4 will I be "skirting" the chance of the "mandatory update" popping up when I open the DJI Go app..like when flying in the backyard within wi fi range.. And how is this different from flying at locations far away from wi fi?.. How does the app work I guess is what I'm asking..
Thanks..

iPad/iPhone don't have forced updates in the app for DJI Go. Thats only Android where they can force folks to update. iOS may prompt you or alert you, but it won't force you. Just make sure you have auto updates disabled on the device and you don't update it, you will stay there forever. With that, you can use wifi all you want for maps and such, just don't chose to update the app.

Reactions: AuldGimpy
Excellent... Thank you...

Reactions: Digdat0
iPad/iPhone don't have forced updates in the app for DJI Go. Thats only Android where they can force folks to update. iOS may prompt you or alert you, but it won't force you. Just make sure you have auto updates disabled on the device and you don't update it, you will stay there forever. With that, you can use wifi all you want for maps and such, just don't chose to update the app.
Cite? I've still got 2.4.2 on my nexus 7 and it has never tried to force me to update, even with it connected to my wireless. It says that I 'need' to, but it doesn't force me to.

Cite? I've still got 2.4.2 on my nexus 7 and it has never tried to force me to update, even with it connected to my wireless. It says that I 'need' to, but it doesn't force me to.
You sir are right with that version, it seems 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 are excluded not sure how or why. If you are on (I think) 2.7+it’s forced update. That happened back In feb there were lots of posts

Forced Go App Update -Workaround

You sir are right with that version, it seems 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 are excluded not sure how or why. If you are on (I think) 2.7+it’s forced update. That happened back In feb there were lots of posts

Forced Go App Update -Workaround
Interesting. I'll have to read that thread later, thank you for the link.

I'll also have to try to do some experimenting on my tablets since I still have backups of the different versions.

Reactions: Digdat0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4