Man shoots down an ultra light. Any bets he thought t was a drone?

Such a nice-looking man, it can't be true!

Frank-Urban_1441224083599_23556834_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Another reason the pilot should dump the ultra-lite in favor of a UAV!

@Mcook929 It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Good god man! That link was all ads and questions just to see the story... Use this instead - Shot Pilot Says Hunter Was 'Flipping Me Off & Pointing A Gun At Me'

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
"After he landed Johnson said he got in his truck and drove to confront the hunter, who police have identified as Frank Urban. He said he wrestled with Urban over the gun. Johnson said he forced Urban to unload the weapon and then he called 911."
Probably pretty stupid to go and wrestle the gun away from the guy that just shot ya but I gotta love the guys moxie. Good for him.
m6f0aokbtikezrm6g.jpg

BOT

Attempted murder? Firing at an aircraft?
(Why it's only a 2nd degree felony charge at this point IDK)

I don't think we have to worry about ole Frank Urban owning any legal guns or getting hunting permits again anytime soon.

Maybe he'll get a cot in the Jail cell with our friend William Meredith in KY

Last edited:
Reactions: kenjancef
Attempted murder? Firing at an aircraft?
(Why it's only a 2nd degree felony charge at this point IDK)

I don't think we have to worry about ole Frank Urban owning any legal guns or getting hunting permits again anytime soon.

Maybe he'll get a cot in the Jail cell with our friend William Meredith in KY

I'm interested to see what (if any) charges the FAA has made against William "I own the sky" Meredith? Maybe they are just too busy tracking down UAV operators taking pictures for non hobby purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKDSensei
image.jpg

RedHotPoker

Reactions: belmontncguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.