Man Shoots At Drone In Portland On Tuesday 6/28/16

No excuse for shooting but the drone appears to have been 'spying' on the boat.

Why would anyone appreciate this?

I won't condone the shooting of the aircraft but the operator should be cited with at the very least safety violations, harassment, and nuisance charges.

Reactions: MasterBlaster
The operator in this case is just as wrong as the shooter. Why does the operator feel he is OK to spy on those people? Just because he can does not give him the right to do so. Of course the comments on the YT video are disabled. Another person taking the law into their own hands. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
A lot of people today seem to have absolutely NO respect for anyone else. It's all about them and what they want. Sad. It's gonna lead to more strict laws for us. It's all they can to to reign in the madness. Self-policing never stood a chance in this me me me me world we live in today. I see the attitude everywhere.................... I want to do it, so I can and I will do it! Never a thought about safety, other people's rights, rules, recommendations.............. nothing.

I am NOT lumping everybody in this category! Most of us fly safe and legal. But there are enough of them to always be making bad headlines for us. If you try to educate them about it, they take it very personal and lash out at you! So I don't know what the solution is. Anyone want to venture some ideas on how to stop it?

Reactions: BigAl07
There is no way to stop it .There will always be those few .
Not just with drones but with about everything else ,drunk driving ,texting while driving.. etc etc etc

I would tend to agree. Flying around for a moment to obtain some photos of video is one thing but to me it's clear that he wanted to review what they were doing on the boats and to see what they had on them. There are a ton of cut shots so he was flying for a very long time. I think it's very clear he was simply spying on them.

I think if they would prosecute a few of these pilots, it would go a long way towards deterring a lot of them. Stiff fines are a killer when you're broke lol!!

A lot of people today seem to have absolutely NO respect for anyone else. It's all about them and what they want. Sad. It's gonna lead to more strict laws for us. It's all they can to to reign in the madness. Self-policing never stood a chance in this me me me me world we live in today. I see the attitude everywhere.................... I want to do it, so I can and I will do it! Never a thought about safety, other people's rights, rules, recommendations.............. nothing.

I am NOT lumping everybody in this category! Most of us fly safe and legal. But there are enough of them to always be making bad headlines for us. If you try to educate them about it, they take it very personal and lash out at you! So I don't know what the solution is. Anyone want to venture some ideas on how to stop it?
ron-white-stupid-is-foreer-o.gif

L96ZfMR.gif

Didn't even drop his beer! :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: J Dot and LuvMyTJ
The drone operator was being disrespectful.

The guy on the boat had no right to shoot at the drone. That in itself is a federal offense.

I'm attempting to contact the pilot as he is local to me. Just courious to get his view on things and try to maybe educate a bit.

Don't give up on stupidity peeps. We're immersed in it. The texting while driving is getting way out of hand. Let's help educate our fellow droners. If we don't who will? We also need to educate the public. If you read some of the post on FB, you'll get a general sense of public perception on drones and it's a lil disturbing. But this is social media and my personal encounters around Portland have been pretty much all positive. My worst experience was when I was setting up a few weeks ago downtown around 4am. Had a guy on a bike ride by and scream, "Dronez" at me.

I'm courious if this will go to court on either side.

Here's another video posted on his YT page that you can comment on.

Let's help educate our fellow droners. If we don't who will? .

I have passed this 'torch' on to others. I've noticed a few others here have as well.

Not worth the return of hate and other nasties that so many like to rebut with.

I'll continue to be an in-person ambassador of good will but I'm done crusading.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4