Man arrested in NYC for flying over Manhattan Bridge

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440193450.415584.jpg

http://nypost.com/2015/08/20/cops-bust-hobbyist-flying-drone-near-manhattan-bridge/

I'm suprised NYC doesnt have a 15 mile radius no-fly zone around Manhattan similar to DC --- this seems inevitable within a year or two.

I'm _hoping_ he fights it. Can't really tell from the short article but this might be one of those times that they city is attempting to regulate airspace.

I'm _hoping_ he fights it. Can't really tell from the short article but this might be one of those times that they city is attempting to regulate airspace.
Trust me..................... when this:

nypd-anti-terror.jpg

Is allowed and tolerated by the people, throwing your *** in jail for flying a drone is a cakewalk for them.

I'm all for reasonable and accessible rules...and responsible pilots following them. However....what EXACTLY was he "nabbed" for? Article says "Lopez was hit with a summons for a law governing 'aviation in and over the city'. Can anyone tell us where to reference this "law". I mean it's one thing to have laws that people can access and respect...but an entirely different thing to have "laws" that no one can research and adjust their flying behavior. There are plenty of rules (can't take off and land within a NY city or state park without violating a city/state regulation) but where is this nebulous law. Is it truly a violation, or simply over-reach?

Broad statement" Aviation in and over the city" why did they just say NYC is a no fly zone. To me it sounded like he was over the water flying in the shadows of the bridge out to the side. Oh well, not gong to go to NYC.

Looks like he could might have committed the crime of being black and doing, well, anything in NYC.

If it were me, I would have demanded to know for what crime I was being arrested, and had a lawyer meet me at booking.

City cops have no jurisdiction over air space. Period. Unless the NYPD have started ticketing aircraft with their armada of flying cop cars that is...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4