Malpe, Tannir Beach Flights

Reaction score

Please refer to the video a few posts down!
(For the edited, shorter version with more flights included) :)

Phantom Flight from a recent trip to Malpe Beach, KA, India
Camera - GoPro Hero3+ Silver

Probably my first flight on a beautiful beach. Winds were calm, so I guessed it was the right time to fly.
Was able to film a Jetski too. :D

Since, I didn't have the anti-jello mounts for the GoPro, the sequence where the Phantom is descending, ended up giving the 'rolling shutter' distortion(wobble/jello) in the video. :(

I have just added a 2-axis gimbal to the Phantom, so hopefully, there wont be any jello in the future videos :)

Flight Notes :-
*All the Pre-Flight checks : propeller inspection etc.
*Compass calibration on site, after powering up.
*Flew within visual range (No FPV, yet)
*GPS mode throughout.

HW Mods :-
11dBi 5.8Ghz directional panel antenna on the Tx (for range)

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. :)

Last edited:
The video looks real jumpy for having a gimbal attached. Maybe this video was taken prior to attaching the gimbal. In any situation, you may want to slow you maneuvers and movements too. The jerky motions are a distraction. Having a FPV may help you see this in real time. It is a challenge getting good shots without the FPV. I normally like to shoot in normal or narrow view. The wide view on the the gopro causes great distortion. You can fix some of this in post processing of the video.

It is a great start and an existing one for you. Good luck.

Reactions: sohail99
I think you will enjoy your new gimbal. The flight looked like fun. If you know you are going to publish a video, you may want to make gentle control inputs so we don't get dizzy.

I look forward to your next video.

The video looks real jumpy for having a gimbal attached. Maybe this video was taken prior to attaching the gimbal. In any situation, you may want to slow you maneuvers and movements too. The jerky motions are a distraction. Having a FPV may help you see this in real time. It is a challenge getting good shots without the FPV. I normally like to shoot in normal or narrow view. The wide view on the the gopro causes great distortion. You can fix some of this in post processing of the video.

It is a great start and an existing one for you. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!
I completely agree on the jerkyness part. (Mostly due to me being too hard on the controls + didn't have the gimbal and anti-jello mounts then :( ) Sorry for that!

*Will definitely use slow maneuvers and movements from now on!
*Still looking for a lightweight FPV Soln.(2.4Ghz based)
*Will change the video mode on the gopro too!
Thanks! :D

@dirkclod - Thanks :D

@IflyinWY - I sure hope the gimbal works great to counteract my crazy Tx inputs, lol!
Really sorry for the dizzying scenes! :(
Will definitely get to work on it asap!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys! Really appreciate it! :)

We're here to help... and watch cool videos of beaches. :cool:

Thanks a lot!!
I made a shorter version with cuts from all three flights I did in the region!

Please critique! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20