Making a Vision carry an RX100ii

Reaction score
Has been done by a couple of others and has been a long term project for me. At the moment I think it is just too big and heavy. My Vision weighs in at 1510 grams. Have put it all together but yet to fly.

My equipment:
- Song RX100ii with Gentles trigger attached.
- Taranis TX with Flysky RX with sbus.
- HDMI to AV converter, connected to ImmersionRC 25mw tx, powered by a 2s 500mAh lipo. Boscam monitor.
- Mount is normal Vision mount combined with a Gopro mount and heavier isolation balls.

Could save on weight with a smaller lipo for tx, will be about 20g. Removing plastic case on hdmi to AV converter will save 2g but won't bother.

Am missing the miniOSD which I wanted for data.

Don't think I will fly it, will just wait for my 3DR X8 to arrive.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 965
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 949
  • image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 896
You're going to have a difficulty flying at that weight. I was able to fly at 1400 with a heavy camera underneath. You might be saved by the fact that your camera is lighter and your addons like FPV are securely attached, but I really hope that the design is centre-weighted as much as possible. It concerns me that the RX-100 is to the side and so low. That's probably going to cause the Phantom to have to make corrections, which will result in vibrations, which will compound and make flight very unstable.

Also note that at 1400gr I had to reduce the first 2 gain settings to 90, to get rid of this feedback loop of vibrations and wobbling. You probably need to go lower.

Can adjust the mount a bit and make it more central and save another 25g. So that and the battery will bring me back to 1475g. Might have a tinker and maybe take it out flying next week.

A word of warning. I have a Sony a5000 under my P2. I handles the extra weight just fine up till you get to 20% battery remaining. Then the power reduction kicks in and the copter falls out of the sky, even if you hit full ascend on the sticks.

I also agree with MonsieurAnon . You'll have to get the camera mounted more centrally than you have shown. I tried with mine off set and the vibration, stability and handling was terrible.

Well fixed up the mount a bit and it flew well today. Got about 12 mins out of it til 30% battery warning. Still have a couple things to do to lighten the load even more.

Been working on saving some weight. Was 1520g, now down to 1417g. Saved on cabling, smaller batteries for vtx and removing cases on some other objects.

Haven't flight tested it at its new slim weight, but no doubt there will be small improvement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4