MAKES NO SENSE. Controller issue

Reaction score
Hey guys I can’t figure this out for the life of me so I joined to ask for some help. When I turn my phantom 4 controller on it just blinks red. It has a full charge but acts dead. I have literally tried/read everything I can to fix the problem and I can’t. I also Can’t send it in to dji because it is modded. From what I reasearched it sounds like a battery issue. So I buy a brand new controller and it works Perfect. Now I swap the batteries and BOOM. Now both controllers have the issue. WTF!! Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

When you removed both batteries, did you use a voltmeter to measure the voltage of each battery, insuring they are truly getting charged? If not, that step would be essential as step one to confirming it's a battery issue. Did you try charging the new controller with the old battery? Do all 4 white LEDs light up to show full charge when you push the power button momentarily ?

I'm unsure what a blinking red light means. You might confirm what you've read by calling DJI and ask, or by chat. See what they say.

I understand why you modded your controller, as the P4 controller is inherently weak. You might want to consider buying a used Inspire controller GL658A or C. Those have 50% more transmit power than the GL300C that comes with the P4, when paired with a P4 craft, and no mods are needed to the GL658A. Just slip a windsurfer on the GL658A and you can get a 3mi range from your P4 craft, assuming you're in the US with FCC compliance with your controller. You'll also get the HDMI port that comes standard with the Inspire controller.

image.jpg
Yes it has worked fine with the mods for the last almost 2 years I’ve had it. I did the dbs antenna mods. And I did not test with a Volt meter but I am 100% sure they both have a full charge. One is new and both show full charge when I press the button. And also on the dji 4 screen it shows them with full battery. BUT it the controller continues to beep 2 times a second and has a red light and the first white light blinking.

Oh, beeping? Try using the app to calibrate the controller sticks. My controller sticks will randomly go out of calibration and I have to calibrate both sticks and 2 photo wheels to get rid of the annoying beeping. That might help, but it's a shot in the dark.

Yes I did the wheel to. And now for some reason the new controller with the old battery has fixed it self by simply turning it on and off, (witch I had done 100x already). I’m so stumped.

Had the same problem finally just sent it in to DJI after trying everything under the sun. They fixed it for $0

There is a guy on the web who took apart the battery pack. There is something called a balance board on top that evens the two battery packs out. His blew out one side so he only got the two white LEDs. That sounds like what is going on with yours. Under his Youtube thread, someone posted a link to what may be the fix for what burned out. I bookmarked it here: 2S 8A 7.4V 8.4V w/Balance 18650 Li-ion Lithium Battery BMS Protection PCB Board | eBay

The battery he used was less current than stock, but he said it worked and has been used for 50 flights, but needs to recharge it more often. Battery link: Gens ace 3500mAh 7.4V RX 2S1P Lipo Battery Pack with JR and EC3 plug

I haven't had the issue yet to try this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1