Major problems up calibrating GPS

Reaction score
Hi just unpacked brand new p2 and when I go to setup compass and gps, it always errors out.It starts out fine, solid yellow light then I turn it horizontal and turns green, when I go to try vertical, it always goes into yellow slow flash.tried and tried at least 20 times and still happens.does anyone know any sollutions to this?

Hi Tom, yes I am.I've actually tried it several times in several positions and still goes flashing yellow.It likes the first stage but not the second.

You are doing it in a metal free area I trust. It is best to even not have pieces of metal on you person when doing it, like big belt buckles, large metal watch etc.

The other possibility is that the compass is magnetized and it will indeed never calibrate till that is taken care of.
There is a Video on just that subject. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT1rRE_UIg

Note the values before you begin and see if they are out of wack.

Spent a week several years ago on the south island when my daughter was studying there, absolutely beautiful.

Tom

I had the exact same problem . turns out my phantom needed a new Compass. solved the problem instantly.
Good way to check if the compass is faulty is to open up Phantom assistant- click tools and have a look at the compass (raw) values. If when spinning the phantom around, the values barely change, the compass is gone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31