MAJOR PROBLEM GUYS

Reaction score
Can't for the life of me figure this one out...P3S

Keep gettin the "Weak Signal Transmission" alternating between that and No Signal in DJI Go..also sometimes warns of Strong Interference

Have tried re linking multiple times

Have a commercial job on Thursday, really need to get this figured out

Very rural area, should be no interference..Reinstalled the app, re linked multiple times, now I am getting good RC Link but no video transmission signal (screen of camera view is gray) WTF this is killing me

Clear the crud off your phone/tablet. (assuming you have used it b4)
I've had no signal/no video (grey) issues with different tablets.

One tablet was a real cheapie.
It would display the top 10% in freeze frame.
If I changed the cameras display resolution it would say 'ready to fly' and show picture for 2 seconds.
Then it was back to 'no signal' with black and white freeze frame pic.
Why is says 'no signal' when the app can't display the pic is beyond me.

First try a different device, this way you're eliminating one possible issue. If problem goes away, it's the device. Also make sure other wifi devices on you or someone with you are off, like cell phones wifi. How far away are you from the drone, I'm guessing very close?

what I am finding is there is a major problem with firmware update 1.6.80

Drone flew like a champ 4 days ago, nothing has changed except adding a new DJI OEM battery, which prompted me to have to update the firmware, which has me now with major problems such as weak transmission signal, lost RC signal, unstable hover (drone is drifting and even climbing incrementally in altitude with my hands completely off the sticks)

DJI GET IT TOGETHER FOR CHRIST SAKES! THIS THING WAS FINE 4 FREAKIN DAYS AGO WTF

You shouldn't have to do a FW update because of getting a new battery. Just as long as the last FW you had updated is still on the SD card in the camera, it will update the batteries FW as soon as the drone is powered up.

Never did it, but you could go back to the old FW by going into the GO app on the first screen you will see a icon that looks like a little box (think it's a graduation cap) upper right corner. Hold it down for a few seconds and it should bring you to the downgrade FW option.

what I am finding is there is a major problem with firmware update 1.6.80

Drone flew like a champ 4 days ago, nothing has changed except adding a new DJI OEM battery, which prompted me to have to update the firmware, which has me now with major problems such as weak transmission signal, lost RC signal, unstable hover (drone is drifting and even climbing incrementally in altitude with my hands completely off the sticks)

DJI GET IT TOGETHER FOR CHRIST SAKES! THIS THING WAS FINE 4 FREAKIN DAYS AGO WTF
That was going to be my question, have you done any firmware updates lately. Try to down grade your firmware, that's all I got.

Rod

I didn't think the standard could be down graded??

I keep wondering if many of these FW issues are due to a bad download or install and not the FW itself.

There is an app that will tell you what your transmit power is set at.
I'll bet it's set to a lower value. Like CE instead of FCC. Or even worse.

I didn't think the standard could be down graded??

I keep wondering if many of these FW issues are due to a bad download or install and not the FW itself.

There is an app that will tell you what your transmit power is set at.
I'll bet it's set to a lower value. Like CE instead of FCC. Or even worse.
Skip those thoughts for now, I will tell you why later.

The down grade option is fairly new on the Standard, Look at @wmcvey post above mine, I will dig some more stuff for you.

I recommend to try the downgrade option, if it will let you.

It's already broke, but you could still contact DJI.

Rod

UPDATE, Crap, I thought I was replying to the OP.
oops

Thanks everyone for the replies; Really appreciate everyone's help!

UPDATE: Took her out after work last night and things were better. Only went about 200 ft + because things still didn't feel quite right. Signal issue seems to have been resolved, still REALLY bad video relay to the mobile device but whatever, I can handle that.

The thing that is scaring me is the uncontrollable drifting and incrementally climbing in altitude with my hands completely off the sticks. Maybe the drifting is product of wind gusts as it was a bit windy yesterday, but I was wondering if strong wind gusts can produce enough lift on the propellers to make this thing climb without me hitting the gas? Anyone ever seen/heard of this before?

I've got a commercial shoot scheduled for tomorrow, hoping to get in one more flight today, and if things are still behaving strangely I will probably cancel the job due to not being comfortable with the operating condition of my craft;

All of this is strongly making me consider Autel, Yuneec, or even a 3DR for my next purchase; DJI and these firmwear issues, it's just ridiculous

"Maybe the drifting is product of wind gusts as it was a bit windy yesterday,"

In GPS mode it shouldn't drift hardly at all.
Are you drifting more than a foot or so ?

@roymoon Right, I've been flying this thing for over a year now, it used to sit perfectly still on hover, now it's drifting hard left and going over a few feet (i know GPS corrections are typically between 1-3 ft spatially accurate)

The climbing thing, again, scares me even more, never had it climb even the slightest without direct stick manipulation..very weird..

Also should note it sounds funny too; Can't really describe it in words but the props just seem really noisy compared to past flights

Take it into your garage and fly 2 feet off the deck in sport mode then atti.
Atti ignores GPS
Sport ignores GPS and Barometer.
That may narrow things down a bit.

Also should note it sounds funny too; Can't really describe it in words but the props just seem really noisy compared to past flights
Out of balance, it sounds. You should check their balance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav