Maintain low altitude in Follow Me mode?

Reaction score
I want to use my P4 to record myself in Follow Me mode as I ride my electric skateboard or bike on open fields. When I initiate Follow Me mode I put the P4 at about 6 feet off the ground where it hovers until I start to move. Once I start to move and it starts following me it rises to about 20 feet on its own. Is there anyway to make it stay at 6 feet? To lock in the altitude. There are no obstacles as it's an open field. It recognizes me and locks in on me with no problem while it's hovering at 6 feet but once I start to move it rises.

Have you tried “Active Track” which uses the camera, instead of “Follow Me” which follows the GPS in your device?

Yes I have. For Active Track the drone must rise to an altitude of 10 meters (33 feet) before it will even begin to acquire the subject.

Reactions: Capt KO
Yes I have. For Active Track the drone must rise to an altitude of 10 meters (33 feet) before it will even begin to acquire the subject.
LOL, almost same as when I use Follow. Guess we’re stuck there. Seems it can’t handle the background when lower.

what sucks is that it starts following me at 6ft off the ground but after a few seconds it elevates to like 20 feet. Im gonna sell my P4 and get the new Skydio 2. It looks like an absolute game changer.

Reactions: Capt KO
what sucks is that it starts following me at 6ft off the ground but after a few seconds it elevates to like 20 feet. Im gonna sell my P4 and get the new Skydio 2. It looks like an absolute game changer.
Canceled mine last year but looks better after the new firmware update. Wish it was waterproof. No more “ lost at sea”. ? Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj