Main controller data error

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well after having my Phantom 3 pro for less than a week, I am now getting the above error message on my DJI Go app.

DJI are saying ti is a known issue and that the controller needs replacing, the seller is saying they have never heard of the problem and I am currently stuck with a drone I can't fly.

Anyone else had this error and is there a way round it?

To say that I am pi$$ed off is an understatement!!!!!!

For the last 24 hours I have been backwards and forwards between DJI and the seller of this item! DJI acknowledge that this is a known issue, yet the retailer that I bought it off are demanding that I return it to them for further investigation, before they will make a decision as to whether they will replace it!

I am absolutely fuming that I am being treated like this and not for one minute do I blame DJI, it is the shabby customer service of the retailer that is the issue here. The drone is 4 days old and has been flown 3 times.

There should be no questions asked if an item is faulty, just replace it and then take it up with the manufacturer. Don't make the customer jump through hoops to get a replacement!!!

Rant over..............

For the last 24 hours I have been backwards and forwards between DJI and the seller of this item! DJI acknowledge that this is a known issue, yet the retailer that I bought it off are demanding that I return it to them for further investigation, before they will make a decision as to whether they will replace it!

I am absolutely fuming that I am being treated like this and not for one minute do I blame DJI, it is the shabby customer service of the retailer that is the issue here. The drone is 4 days old and has been flown 3 times.

There should be no questions asked if an item is faulty, just replace it and then take it up with the manufacturer. Don't make the customer jump through hoops to get a replacement!!!

Rant over..............

Did you buy it with a credit card? Dispute the transaction through your credit card until you are satisfied.

Did you buy it with a credit card? Dispute the transaction through your credit card until you are satisfied.

Yes Bill I did. I am just fuming that they are making me jump through hoops to return a faulty item! My concern now is that when they replace it (which I'm sure they will have to do, DJI acknowledge the known fault) then I may get another faulty one and Im back to square one going through all this again!!

Update on the above issue........
The supplier finally acknowledged that there was an issue with the drone, which they promptly replace with a brand new one.

I have been out this morning with the new drone and taken some brief video footage with it. I noticed, when the drone was hovering just beside me, that the camera seemed to be shaking/vibrating a lot. When I have reviewed the footage, it is terribly shaky and jittery!

I have just tried a gimbal calibration and the camera didn't budge during the calibration! I seem to remember that the camera on the other drone (the one I returned) moved when I did a gimbal calibration and the tutorial on the DJI website also seems to show the camera moving during a gimbal calibration.

Can someone please clarify this for me. Have I got another faulty unit??

So far, this hasn't been the introduction into drones that I was expecting!

Cheers, guys.

Update on the above issue........
The supplier finally acknowledged that there was an issue with the drone, which they promptly replace with a brand new one.

I have been out this morning with the new drone and taken some brief video footage with it. I noticed, when the drone was hovering just beside me, that the camera seemed to be shaking/vibrating a lot. When I have reviewed the footage, it is terribly shaky and jittery!

I have just tried a gimbal calibration and the camera didn't budge during the calibration! I seem to remember that the camera on the other drone (the one I returned) moved when I did a gimbal calibration and the tutorial on the DJI website also seems to show the camera moving during a gimbal calibration.

Can someone please clarify this for me. Have I got another faulty unit??

So far, this hasn't been the introduction into drones that I was expecting!

Cheers, guys.
Did you remove the small piece of foam from the gimbal? We mention it here a lot because so many people don't see it and then ask why their video is shaky and jittery.

Did you remove the small piece of foam from the gimbal? We mention it here a lot because so many people don't see it and then ask why their video is shaky and jittery.

Hi OSO, thanks for the quick reply.

I don't see any foam on the gimbal, just the plastic thing that holds the camera steady during transportation. Where should I be looking please?

Also, are you able to clarify, should the camera move during calibration?

Thanks.
Yes, the camera should move a lot during a gimbal calibration.

Look for the small piece of foam tucked in the back. If you haven't removed it already, it's likely still there. We had one guy just this past few days who realized he had left it in for a year.

Reactions: JoBe
Yes, the camera should move a lot during a gimbal calibration.

Look for the small piece of foam tucked in the back. If you haven't removed it already, it's likely still there. We had one guy just this past few days who realized he had left it in for a year.

I will happy join the ranks of the clowns who haven't removed the blatantly obvious piece of white foam, with the sticker on which says "remove before flight"!!! :oops::oops::oops:

I feel the complete fool now, because I also now recall removing it from the first drone that I had!

Oso, you are a star and have saved me from sending, what would have been, a very embarrassing email to the supplier!

Thanks for your prompt help, it is very much appreciated.

Kindest regards, Craig.

Reactions: JoBe and Oso

Rant over..............
what was the end result?

what was the end result?

End result was a new drone, thankfully. Was just so annoying that the thing had developed a fault within one week. Unfortunately, customer aftercare seems to be a low priority with DJI, with every error/issue resulting in "send it back to us, you'll be without it for 2-3wks"

Reading through these very forums, there seem to be a lot of people with issues, whether that be firmware issues, faults etc.....

Luckily, the new drone seems to be ok, but i don't dare do a firmware upgrade, despite the app saying it needs one! For now, all is working fine, so I will leave well alone!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic