Main board identification for P3A

Reaction score
I recently replaced the main board on my P3A and cannot get the intial startup beeping to stop.

I have the older motors and I'm now wondering if I possibly got the new board that corresponds with the new motors. Does anybody know of the way to identify which board is which?

The only thing on the box was "Spare Part NO 33, ESC Center Board & MC (Pro/Adv). The serial number (I think) is P36556A0413.

Thanks,
Mark

Old:
large_HK8A0342.jpg

New:
large_HK8A0730.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry msinger, but this looks like the front and back side of the board I have .... is the picture above possibly the front/back of the "old" board?

Sorry, I posted the wrong photo :(

I updated them above.

They are very similar, but there are some small differences. For example:

Board.jpg

Thanks msinger - I definitely have the correct board.

Have you ever replaced one before? I replaced mine last week due to an ESC error caused by a crash and now I can't get the initial startup "beeping" to stop. The camera looks/records fine, the LEDs work ... everything seems to work fine except the drone continues to beep. The motors never turn on startup either. I initially tried the new board with the old firmware with the same results. I then upgraded to the latest firmware and still have the same issue. I've checked all my solder connections and don't find anything that seems to be an issue. I think my next step may be to "unsolder" all of the motors and try again. Any better ideas?

Unfortunately, I live in a 3rd world country and an outside repair isn't possible for quite a while. Any idea?

I replaced mine last week due to an ESC error caused by a crash and now I can't get the initial startup "beeping" to stop.
Are you sure the firmware installed properly? If you're not sure, it would not hurt to try installing it again like this.

Is there a way to remove the existing firmware from the aircraft first? I just reformatted my memory card, put the new firmware on it, and then went through the process in your post. However, it didn't go through the update process apparently b/c it had already been updated.

It re-wrote my .txt file showing history of the update that was successful back on the 5th and then all my restarts since saying "abort, The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

My DJI Go app shows Version 1.5.30 on the aircraft and 2.4.2 on the DJI Go app and all indications look like the firmware is correct. But I'm certainly not opposed to uninstalling and trying a re-install. Just don't know how to take off the firmware so I can reinstall.

I just finished de-soldering all of my motors and reinstalling them with the exact same results. I feel like I'm missing something simple but can't seem to find anybody that's seen this issue before.

IF I have another ESC error - is this the way the aircraft responds ... by continuing to B - B - B with everything else working? I just don't know where to look or what else to try. I'm a missionary in Africa and have several jobs lined up to help support my financially but I'm currently dead in the water and can't find any help.

Maybe I'll start one more post with a video of the results and see if I can rouse a response from someone. Do you have any other ideas to try?

From what you're describing, you did successfully install the latest firmware. I don't repair Phantoms myself, so I'm not sure what to tell you to try next.

Most members here do not repair Phantoms, so I'm not sure how much feedback you're going to get. @Hani might be able to give you some ideas if you post a video. Or, you can contact him over on his website.

From what you're describing, you did successfully install the latest firmware. I don't repair Phantoms myself, so I'm not sure what to tell you to try next.

Most members here do not repair Phantoms, so I'm not sure how much feedback you're going to get. @Hani might be able to give you some ideas if you post a video. Or, you can contact him over on his website.
Thanks for trying ... I appreciate it, just really frustrated at this point. I'll try him.

I recently replaced the main board on my P3A and cannot get the intial startup beeping to stop.

I have the older motors and I'm now wondering if I possibly got the new board that corresponds with the new motors. Does anybody know of the way to identify which board is which?

The only thing on the box was "Spare Part NO 33, ESC Center Board & MC (Pro/Adv). The serial number (I think) is P36556A0413.

Thanks,

make sure the firmware you put on it isnt corupt.and if all else fails stick it in the fridge for about a half hour to an hour and then re boot it with a good firmware and it should be fine its warning you its courupted

make sure the firmware you put on it isnt corupt.and if all else fails stick it in the fridge for about a half hour to an hour and then re boot it with a good firmware and it should be fine its warning you its courupted

I just tried re-installing the firmware by reformatting my disc, copying the bin file to it, and restarting the aircraft with the new file. However, it didn't go through the upgrade b/c the new firmware was already on the aircraft. All that happened was it wrote a new .txt file that showed all of my prior starts ... and showed the firmware was successfully installed on Dec-5th.

Is there a way to "remove" the firmware from the aircraft so that I can then reinstall it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20