Maiden voyage a success

Reaction score
Hi There,

I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks, before i flew my P2V+. I took it to a nearby school last night, got 7 satellites on the ground, then 10 in the air. I flew it around for 10-15 minutes. Was very stable and the video looks great. It came with firmware 3.00 but I upgraded it to 3.04 right before I flew it.

So all is well with mine!

Aloha,

Tony

Congrats. It is a fun feeling. However, for those on the fence? As a previous Vision 2 and Vision 2 + owner? Consider whether or not you really, truly need the added inherent smoothness of video that the + gives. The +'s camera system by nature is significantly more fragile than the non +, is extremely expensive to replace, and when you factor in that you can smooth out video post-editing, not sure it's worth the added risk. Some of damaged their + cameras simply by placing the safety gimbal clip on them. When you have a design that has exposed ribbon cables on a camera supported by one arm, and that has a minimal clearance from the ground, you have to ask yourself if thats worth the extra hassle. The non + is cheaper, flies just as well, takes equally great photos, and if you MUST have glass like video pre-post processing, just get familiar with attitude mode. It allows you to avoid the jerkiness often attributed with GPS mode. And there have been FAR fewer issues with camera damage when the non plus models crash. But if you do require a non plus camera? Readily available for less than half of what + cameras are going for (if you can find them).

Enjoy and good luck

phantomguy said:
Congrats. It is a fun feeling. However, for those on the fence? As a previous Vision 2 and Vision 2 + owner? Consider whether or not you really, truly need the added inherent smoothness of video that the + gives. The +'s camera system by nature is significantly more fragile than the non +, is extremely expensive to replace, and when you factor in that you can smooth out video post-editing, not sure it's worth the added risk. Some of damaged their + cameras simply by placing the safety gimbal clip on them. When you have a design that has exposed ribbon cables on a camera supported by one arm, and that has a minimal clearance from the ground, you have to ask yourself if thats worth the extra hassle. The non + is cheaper, flies just as well, takes equally great photos, and if you MUST have glass like video pre-post processing, just get familiar with attitude mode. It allows you to avoid the jerkiness often attributed with GPS mode. And there have been FAR fewer issues with camera damage when the non plus models crash. But if you do require a non plus camera? Readily available for less than half of what + cameras are going for (if you can find them).

Enjoy and good luck

I agree with your post. Mine was the case of I already own the original Phantom. Still to this day is a great flying Quad! I didn't need smooth video. The GoPro camera hooked to it does a fine job. My WANTS won over my needs in this case. As it does with most things I buy with a high dollar price tag. I really don't need anything, I just want it! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic