Maiden flight with new P3P outfitted with Drone World Range Extender setup.

Reaction score
I picked this up from a guy that had it in storage, the stickers were still in place, the batteries were dead from not being used/charged, but lucky I have spares. This is my first flight with it and I will post the second one later today showing how good or bad this range extender setup really works. Conditions were breezy, nope the wind was blowing, so keeping it straight was a bit of a challenge.

Reach speeds of 38Mph on return trip in P mode due to strong tail winds
At landing I had 40% battery left

Last edited:
I picked this up from a guy that had it in storage, the stickers were still in place, the batteries were dead from not being used/charged, but lucky I have spares. This is my first flight with it and I will post the second one later today showing how good or bad this range extender setup really works. Conditions were breezy, nope the wind was blowing, so keeping it straight was a bit of a challenge.

Nice area to fly,,can you share a pic of range extender ,,you mention batterys,are you using sunham amps or similar

Reactions: Recoveryone
Nice area to fly,,can you share a pic of range extender ,,you mention batterys,are you using sunham amps or similar
Drone World RC.jpg

So just how far did you go with the "range extender"?
Here in the UK was are limited to "in sight only" so no point in extending the already 1-2Km, you'd be out of sight!

So just how far did you go with the "range extender"?
Here in the UK was are limited to "in sight only" so no point in extending the already 1-2Km, you'd be out of sight!
I was able to take it out to around 19036 feet = 3.6 miles each way at an altitude of under 150 feet AGL. I lost FPV signal the reason I turned back and still landed with 40% battery. the goal was to see how far at lower altitude will it reach. At higher altitudes its easier to maintain a strong signal, I had my Phantom 2 out also and at 390 AGL it went 1600 meters just under a mile, the signal is always suspect (goes in and out). I normally stay within a half mile when I fly, but I wanted to see what so called custom range extenders can do. I always fly with parabolic ones to make sure I keep a good signal. I'm no Dustin Dunnill

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues