Mah put in to battery

Reaction score
i have a P3P and I want to be able to monitor the number of mah out in to the battery, DJI batteries by the way. How can I do that please? I have the standard charger that comes with the aircraft. Will I need to buy a different charger?
Many th aks in advance for your guidance.

Mah into the battery is kind of a relative thing. Not sure there is a very valuable use for that information.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you upload your flight info to healthy drones you will see the mah put in in the last charge (last recorded capacity) it's recorded by the smart board in the battery.

Last edited:
Mah into the battery is kind of a relative thing. Not sure there is a very valuable use for that information.

On the contrary, you might find this information proves to be a significant indicator or battery health. It may even reliably inform you if which battery is best used to fly a more risky mission. Think of it as being analogous to the fuel gauge in a motor vehicle, gives a good indication how far you can go (and in our circumstances how long you can likely stay airborne for). Mah recorded on
last charge and cell imbalances (voltage) give us the best indication of battery condition.

I guess I was to basic. Those of us that are used to charging multicellular lipo batteries are used to using chargers that have cell balancing features and have the ability to monitor the condition of each cell. I don't believe the DJI batteries expose the connections to each cell externally for you to monitor. As mentioned above, healthy drones can give you the basic or overall mah of the last charge but that info won't tell you if you perhaps have one or maybe two substandard cells.

I guess I was to basic. Those of us that are used to charging multicellular lipo batteries are used to using chargers that have cell balancing features and have the ability to monitor the condition of each cell. I don't believe the DJI batteries expose the connections to each cell externally for you to monitor. As mentioned above, healthy drones can give you the basic or overall mah of the last charge but that info won't tell you if you perhaps have one or maybe two substandard cells.

What do you propose access to the cell taps, which aren't conveniently available to us wth the DJI packs might give us? At least to the extent it is not provided by DJI monitoring circuitry? To my mind the obvious omission is cell IR, and I agree that is useful.

We do however have, as enabled by the battery electronics and software, the ability to view individual cell voltages within a pack in real time with values being logged during operation for later analysis. We know the usable mah capacity (also logged). This provides the opportunity to form a strong view as to pack health, arguably unlikely to be significantly enhanced by the little additional information a traditional stand alone smart charger may provide. We know the in battery circuitry performs balance charging.

I'm unsure what point you are making now. What do you see as a benefit we may have in direct access to the individual cell taps?

Not worth all this exchange. Use the features built into transmitter to monitor batteries and worry about flying and photography.

Many thanks for the thoughts on Healthydrones I shall look them up. My reason for asking was for completeion of flight logs so that I can see if there are changes over time.
Perhaps as an additional question to what has been said, is the DJI battery charger the best you can use, or are there others that will not only give better charging environment but perhaps also log the mah put in? Remember please I am in the UK, which does not get access to many things that appear in the USA.

Many thanks for the thoughts on Healthydrones I shall look them up. My reason for asking was for completeion of flight logs so that I can see if there are changes over time.
Perhaps as an additional question to what has been said, is the DJI battery charger the best you can use, or are there others that will not only give better charging environment but perhaps also log the mah put in? Remember please I am in the UK, which does not get access to many things that appear in the USA.
The DJI battery charger is nothing more than a power supply. The charge circuitry is inside the battery.

Reactions: Numone
Not worth all this exchange. Use the features built into transmitter to monitor batteries and worry about flying and photography.

Thank you, I have been flying and charging the old "dumb lipos" for many years. Usable capacity and cell voltage (particularly the magnitude of any variances) are the most reliable and useful indicators of pack health. More informative than cell IR. I have been using "dumb lipos" for many years and dont find I am missing anything with the information available from these smart batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj