Magically Disappeared Drone

Hiya,

I'm guessing then that your controller lost connection at 5:38 and after 3 seconds triggered the RTH / failsafe.

Did you set your RTH failsafe height well for the area i can see quite a few trees around?

Whats the 'warning zone class D' for in the area?

Hiya,

I'm guessing then that your controller lost connection at 5:38 and after 3 seconds triggered the RTH / failsafe.

Did you set your RTH failsafe height well for the area i can see quite a few trees around?

Whats the 'warning zone class D' for in the area?
Looks like Charlotte regional

VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

Or maybe there was a temp restriction around the Charlotte motor speedway

Sent from my SM-T330NU using PhantomPilots mobile app

Concord Regional airport shows Class D zone. It looks like your flight path was heading right towards the flight path of the Concord Regional runway. Just speculating, but if you lost signal (or got signal jammed by airport), drone may have set down straight below last point recorded in your log.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Concord Regional airport shows Class D zone. It looks like your flight path was heading right towards the flight path of the Concord Regional runway. Just speculating, but if you lost signal (or got signal jammed by airport), drone may have set down straight below last point recorded in your log.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Pretty sure the airport wasn't jamming any signals . We know that the latest Go app will force land the bird if you enter a NFZ. How does it react if you enter controlled airspace like the Class D shown here? Can the OP confirm how he had the "lost signal" action set? If it was hover or land, he should have a pretty good idea where it landed. If RTH, it should have come home at the last reported altitude (300 ft) unless RTH was set higher than that (hmmm, that's the way litchi works, don't remember how Go responds?). Lots of buildings and trees near his takeoff point and a, I presume, tall hotel near his last position. Enough stuff to degrade his signal to loose connection? Possibly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik