Magical

Reaction score
I’m a scientist by training, way back, so the title of this thread isn’t meant to be taken literally. That said, I’m constantly in awe of this fantastic or “magical” technology. I doubt they would read this forum, but a massive “Thank you” to DJI.

The drone can almost effortlessly be flown up in the air, to considerable height - east, west, north, south. It can be manoeuvred, even to follow wild animals on the go or to ascend/descend a mountainside. And we can’t help marvelling at this magical technology once the drone has safely landed.

The camera quality, for us, makes flying purposeful. Yes, we’ve seen this in small cameras before, but this comes within a gimbal that allows remote control.

At the time of our maiden flights, back in Sussex (UK), a highly intelligent colleague described the drone as a “brain in the sky”.

Wow. One year on and we are still in awe. It’s enabling. And magical.

Reflecting and appreciating what we have says a lot about a person. Take nothing for granted. I hunt some and respect the life that is providing me food, while some condemn it. They have no appreciation as they eat half their McDonald's hamburger and throw it in the trash. Even a small bug has feelings.

I truly think about the technology every time I fly. I always wanted to fly. This is a dream come true. I'm old and am reverting back to my childhood. I pretend to be a pilot inside my plane flying and I enjoy every turn.:rolleyes:

Reflecting and appreciating what we have says a lot about a person. Take nothing for granted. I hunt some and respect the life that is providing me food, while some condemn it. They have no appreciation as they eat half their McDonald's hamburger and throw it in the trash. Even a small bug has feelings.

I truly think about the technology every time I fly. I always wanted to fly. This is a dream come true. I'm old and am reverting back to my childhood. I pretend to be a pilot inside my plane flying and I enjoy every turn.:rolleyes:

No need to pretend to be a pilot. You ARE the pilot. Many of us have had dreams of flying. Some of us like me have made it a lifelong career.

Whether looking out the windscreen of an aircraft, or looking at the device screen at the world below your Phantom, you are still flying. YOU are the Pilot in Command. You have wings. Enjoy every minute of it. You are seeing the world as many others can only wish for.

Blue Skies and Calm Winds to all.

No need to pretend to be a pilot. You ARE the pilot. Many of us have had dreams of flying. Some of us like me have made it a lifelong career.

Whether looking out the windscreen of an aircraft, or looking at the device screen at the world below your Phantom, you are still flying. YOU are the Pilot in Command. You have wings. Enjoy every minute of it. You are seeing the world as many others can only wish for.

This got me kinda amped up. Well worded.

I was an Air Force brat. I grew up putting model airplanes together. I had the poem from John Gillespie Magee Jr." High Flight" memorized. It use to bring me to tears as a kid. We were poor and I never flew due to health reasons. I had military scholarships, but my physicals put me 4F. You definitely have a pilot's heart. Thank you for the kind words.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20