Made video for my friend and her Ranch

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR3Eg3dw4vA[/youtube]

So my friend wanted some aerial shots of her ranch so she could promote it, so I did that and took some footage for her website and Facebook page. Made the intro with After Effects and then blended all the videos together. Not the most exciting video but thought I would share.

Looks Good. The picture quality is impressive and the lighting is great.
I'm seeing side to side control movements so I guess it was made with a Vision and not a V+ ??

I hope you didn't get paid for if or the FAA will take you straight to jail ;) (Kidding of course)

Dirty Bird said:
Were you in FVP mode while recording the video? If so, I think you should shoot the video again with FVP turned off.
Why would he want to shoot a video with the viewfinder turned off? (Edit: NM, I see what you mean. FPV mode in the app.)
He must have been in FPV because you can see several camera tilts which don't look good at all on screen. I'd edit those out.
(Edit: I meant camera pitch movements, doesn't look good on screen)

cahutch said:
He must have been in FPV because you can see several camera tilts which don't look good at all on screen. I'd edit those out.

That's what I meant. Definitely takes away from the video with the horizon constantly tilting.

Ok so I am confused on this FPV thing. It is turned off right now. How can you guys tell? and what is the difference?

If the phone app is set to FPV mode, it limits the side to side movement of the gimbal, so in the video you see the side to side control movements.
If you turn off FPV mode on the app, you'll get smoother video with less or no side to side tilting of the frame. (@DB, I see what you meant now)

Also, using the pitch control to angle the camera up and down is very distracting in the video. It makes the fish-eye effect of the wide angle lens more noticeable.
You might consider editing out those sections.

Other than that, I think the video looks great. The timing at sunrise was great. The lighting and color were beautiful. I'm impressed with the camera quality.

Thank you all for the suggestions and advice! Yeah, moving the camera and all while in the air, shouldn't have done that but now I get the idea. And what you guys mean is me moving the camera up and down while looking at a certain scene right? Getvthe camera set and then do my fly in....

And yes, this is a P2V+. And Tom, that was Pancho, he wasn't scared at all, he cracked me up!

Jeffin916 said:
... And what you guys mean is me moving the camera up and down while looking at a certain scene right? ...
Yeah, that plus the side to side rocking when you are controlling the Phantom.
Go into the Vision app on your phone and go into settings. If you turn off "FPV Mode" in the app, you'll find the camera gimbal will eliminate the side to side rocking.

see then I need to figure something out. FPV mode is turned off on my app. I find a lot of the times when I am going straight, the drone tends to go to its left. I'm not sure why its doing that but I feel that I have to correct it alot. And I always make sure that I have GPS locked in and there was no wind that day so that wasn't an issue. Should I be doing some calibrating or is there something that I am missing?

Here is a screen shot in the app.....

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    288 KB · Views: 347
Well what do you know, it was on. I turned it off, I could have sworn I did already.

Any ideas about the bird flying to the left when I am pushing the stick straight?

Jeffin916 said:
Well what do you know, it was on. I turned it off, I could have sworn I did already.

Any ideas about the bird flying to the left when I am pushing the stick straight?

Mine was doing that a little bit too, but to the right. I recalibrated my controller in the RC Assistant, then in the Software Assistant, and the problem went away.

Ok, I did the calibration and it still looks like this after it is done:

o3HW99

(WHy dont my images show up!)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 293

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads