made a case for my phantom

Reaction score
I refused to pay $200 for a phantom case. I wanted one that would hold my phantom with the longer and wider legs. Also I didn't want to take my props off when I put it in the case because most of my flying is done about 100 feet out my back door. So I went to Menards (home improvement store) and found a Stanley roll around tool tote. It was on sale for $22 so I bought it. Then I took a trip by Walmart and got some seat fusion foam and spent like $25 on foam and some spray adhesive. I layered the foam in and glued the layers together then cut out spaces for my phantom stuff. I have space for countless props, 2 wall chargers, 4 batteries (I could fit another 6 or 8 I'm sure), my phantom, and the remote. The tote has good size wheels and a carry handle on top. Also it has a handle that extends out so I can cart it around. On top of all that it's song and can take a beating strong enough you can sit or stand on it. I also put some foam on the under side of the lid so it holds the Phantom and remote down. For like $60 I'm really happy with it.

AND it looks like you have a nice seat to sit on while you're flying, to boot!

How did you cut the foam? Most of your cuts look pretty dang clean. I've never been that successful.

So did I. From 6 mm plywood and reused the inserts from my original cardboard box (moved a few walls though) Made it water tight, and it floats :)
foto%201.JPG

foto%202.JPG

ProfessorStein said:
AND it looks like you have a nice seat to sit on while you're flying, to boot!

How did you cut the foam? Most of your cuts look pretty dang clean. I've never been that successful.

just used a retractable knife...the kind you can break the blades back then throw them away when you have used them up. Just nice and steady cuts and it goes pretty well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31