MacOS alternatives to Dashware?

Reaction score
Man, I love the way the videos look when adding in flight data... it really kicks them up a notch!

However,

I recently switched over from Windows to Mac (long story) and Ive been really disappointed with the video rendering quality trying to use dashware in the MacOS environment (via parallel).

Output is jerky, stutters and shows motion blur.
Identical files rendered on a Windows machine created perfect output :-(

So, Im wondering if anyone knows of an alternative to Dashware that's supported on Mac?

Lowepg said:
Man, I love the way the videos look when adding in flight data... it really kicks them up a notch!

However,

I recently switched over from Windows to Mac (long story) and Ive been really disappointed with the video rendering quality trying to use dashware in the MacOS environment (via parallel).

So, Im wondering if anyone knows of an alternative to Dashware that's supported on Mac?

It doesn't directly answer your question --- but why not have a cheap, spare Win machine to be solely used for Dashware videos? Use a KVM switch so you won't need to provide a separate monitor, KB, and mouse for it. I used to do this back in the 90's when I was thinking of saying bye-bye to Microsoft bloatware and moving to Mac OS (luckily, I kept my wits and stuck with Windows).

A used but working desktop PC on Ebay goes for less than $100 these days.

:mrgreen:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbMgv74xUw[/youtube]

MadMitch88 said:
Lowepg said:

However,

It doesn't directly answer your question --- but why not have a cheap, spare Win machine to be solely used for Dashware videos? Use a KVM switch so you won't need to provide a monitor, KB, and mouse for it.

A used but working desktop PC on Ebay goes for less than $100 these days.

:mrgreen:

Yeah, I know thats an option, but I hate having to keep another machine in my office for ONE app!

I *did* fire up my old Windows 7 machine to identify the problem. It hadn't been turned on in like 3 months... it sounded louder than my Phantom taking off! :)

Reactions: jai

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik