MAC - Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1 Question

Reaction score
should I install and use the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1 for the controller update if I do not have any PC to upgrade the Naza-M firmware. I only have Apple products. I have received the FC40 from hobby king like many here (arrived yesterday) I am very happy with it, but haven't even turned it on yet... I'm going over manual and getting the FPV app's installed and working on camera etc..
Please don't tell me to find a PC. (Thats silly logic, that is not possible at present)
Tell me should I a. fly it as is without upgrading the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1 for controller,
or b. upgrade it knowing I cannot upgrade the Naza-M firmware.

Are the two updates separate of each other some experienced advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

Big Ben said:
You might want to check this.

Tell me should I a. fly it as is without upgrading the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1 for controller,
or b. upgrade it knowing I cannot upgrade the Naza-M firmware.

Are the two updates separate of each other some experienced advise is greatly appreciated.

The firmwares are most likely up to date. The only reason to attach your Phantom to the Naza Assistant is to check everything is as it is supposed to be and to enable IOC which gives you Course Lock and Home Lock flight modes. I personally also set pretty close geofence limits for my first flights just as a precaution.

At the moment you'll have to be able to run Windows for that since the Naza Assistant is not yet available for OS-X.

There's a pretty good chance it will fly correctly out-of-the-box after a compass calibration but personally I'd want to do the extra checks and do the additional settings using the Naza Assistant before I fly it, as indeed I did with my FC40. Simply making certain RTH is enabled for instance.

The assistant software for the RC is just to adjust it and change the stick modes and calibrate it . It does not change anything on the RC ie firm ware not that i am aware of . I just downloaded it and changed my stick modes that is all it did and does also calibrates it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4