Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite supports DJI Phantom Vision Raw DNG

Reaction score
Hi,

Was doing some shooting today and was archiving my photos and video footage when I noticed now that the FC200 camera DNG files are now natively supported in Mac OSX Yosemite!

Everything just work: File quick preview, File opens in Preview, Apple Aperture. All the meta information is decoded and can be seen.

This is huge for me since previously before only Adobe Lightroom 5 could open up the DNG file, whereas I preferred using Aperture.

Did a search on Google and nobody has reported this unpegged benefit in the new Operating System, has anybody else found the same?

Re: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite supports DJI Phantom Vision Raw

Thanks for the heads up. I just got a MacBook Pro this week with Aperture 4 and haven't updated to Yosemite yet. Also haven't updated FC200 yet, as I didn't want to use Lightroom for Raw conversion. Time for some updates!

Re: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite supports DJI Phantom Vision Raw

Hi Big Bull,

Processed my photos from today and Aperture (latest ver is 3.6) with Yosemite; it definitely supports the DNG Raw file format.

I'm still having to use Lightroom 5 though as the lens correction capability is not available in Aperture. I tried Image Trends - Fisheye-Hemi Plug-In but that doesn't perform well with the FC200's camera. I think that plug in is designed for DSLR-sized sensors and so it affects the amount of correction required for a good result.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31