Mac Firmware for Phantom 2, but not Phantom 1

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum. I was pointed here by the awesome Drone Girl, Sally French, as a great place to meet and discuss Phantom related issues.

I saw the other threads pertaining to release of the Mac firmware, but thought this might necessitate it's own discussion.

As you're probably all aware, on 12-31, DJI released the "Phantom 2 Assistant Software v1.08" for Mac.

Here's the question.... With no Mac firmware for the Phantom (1), would the non-vision update for the Phantom 2 work on a Phantom 1 platform? Just curious if anyone had tried it or knew specifically of a reason it would or would not work. (yes, I'm aware I can set up a parallel or use VMWare and many other ways I could run windows on a Mac, but lets, for the sake of discussion, not have that be an option).

Thoughts and input are greatly welcomed.

Yeah, give them time. I expect they are just releasing Mac versions as and when there are updates for the specific devices available.
A2 got it first, then P2 and Vision. I'm sure WKM and Naza will come along with all the other stuff like iOSD, Z15, GS etc etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20