M.A.R.S. Mini Parachute Recovery Systems - Safety & Sanity,

Re: M.A.R.S. Mini Parachute Recovery Systems - Safety & Sani

Have you guys seen this Parachute set up? cost $150.00 to save over a $1000.00 quad
I think you have to also remember that in most crashes that most of the phantom survives (that Ive read about anyway). I would say in an average crash that you may not have more than $150 or so in damage. Yes of course there are more serious crashes where much more needs to be fixed or you scrap the unit. But from most of the reports I've read people are pretty amazed at how well the phantom fared. And many of the crashes I've seen have been into trees where this wouldn't help anyway right?

My crash happened so fast and so low this wouldnt have done anything. I clipped a branch bringing in for landing because i misjudged distance. In the course of 1 second and fifty feet, SMASH. Sure this might work if you are one of those that goes for height competitions and then drops it back down as fast as it will go because of no battery left, but if you are one of those guys then you don't deserve a phantom anyways.

But on a side note, this does seem kind of helpful in regards to flyaways. If it makes a beeline for China deploy the chute and stop it in its tracks. Wonder how much it weighs

I guess I'm less concerned about crash damage on the ground (unless it bonks someone) then I am about it going into the water (lots of ponds/lakes etc in fla). Interesting though, looks like they are sold out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

whatever parachute you may use...get the manual trigger device. never the auto..or mayday board since it may deploy the parachute prematurely.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

whatever parachute you may use...get the manual trigger device. never the auto..or mayday board since it may deploy the parachute prematurely.
You know TJ, before you slag the mayday on every single parachute thread, you might want to think long and hard. Since Mayday has found your post, is a member here, and already offered to pay for repair costs, don't you think that's kind of "biting the han that feeds you", or in this case fixes you phantom??

Quote from Kyle on another thread:
"First off, sorry about the crash! I know that this is very frustrating, and I want to make sure that you are completely taken care of. Send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] so that we can figure out exactly what happened. Usually, the issue is a bad battery or calibration. (It sounds like it was calibrated incorrectly by the distributor.)

If you send us the contact information for the dealer that is managing your repair we will arrange to cover the costs."

Dear Carman, sincerely i dont mean to cause any sadness to anyone by posting. I was just trying to warn those friends i called to be more careful. isn't it a good thing to do. People have to speak out to help each other. That was my intention. For mayday team, i m so happy that they are serious about their product and future. They found my thread and they willing to help. Its like the DJI. They too take full responsibility. accident do happen and we improve from our mistakes. I m not mad with anyone but sad that i really admired drone and to see it broken it really hurts. I invested a lot too. like, i bought samsung galaxy 3V and it was hanging all time..then i bought Iphone 6 Plus..huge investment... hmmmm.
What i will do, if mayday team bear the cost and my drone return with the same look. of course i will go back to all my thread and let everyone knows how caring mayday team was and is n will be. and i will also remove the youtube words that i use and change the topic to give more credits to mayday. Software failures are normal. But the maker if take responsibility..we have to stand with them.. so, i hope you will understand that my intention was to share my truth...so others will never face the same...imagine if i did not had the footage to prove...i m sure..it will be very hard for me to prove even to the shop...m i right....I am very pleased with mayday team that they are very caring and serious about customers. They treat us like their family. That is great !!! tks for ur sincere comment.

Dear Carman, sincerely i dont mean to cause any sadness to anyone by posting. I was just trying to warn those friends i called to be more careful. isn't it a good thing to do. People have to speak out to help each other. That was my intention. For mayday team, i m so happy that they are serious about their product and future. They found my thread and they willing to help. Its like the DJI. They too take full responsibility. accident do happen and we improve from our mistakes. I m not mad with anyone but sad that i really admired drone and to see it broken it really hurts. I invested a lot too. like, i bought samsung galaxy 3V and it was hanging all time..then i bought Iphone 6 Plus..huge investment... hmmmm.
What i will do, if mayday team bear the cost and my drone return with the same look. of course i will go back to all my thread and let everyone knows how caring mayday team was and is n will be. and i will also remove the youtube words that i use and change the topic to give more credits to mayday. Software failures are normal. But the maker if take responsibility..we have to stand with them.. so, i hope you will understand that my intention was to share my truth...so others will never face the same...imagine if i did not had the footage to prove...i m sure..it will be very hard for me to prove even to the shop...m i right....I am very pleased with mayday team that they are very caring and serious about customers. They treat us like their family. That is great !!! tks for ur sincere comment.
Sorry Alex, I didn't look at the time, all your posts were from before you had heard from Kyle, not after. My apologies for slagging you!!! you were indeed trying to warn people to save their equipment.

Sorry Alex, I didn't look at the time, all your posts were from before you had heard from Kyle, not after. My apologies for slagging you!!! you were indeed trying to warn people to save their equipment.
Dear Carman, Yes yes!!! KYLE found me after my many post..i will surely give credits soon for them...its ok... you was sincere and u r right in your opinions too. . .. i really appreciate your kind thoughts. But dont worry, once mayday team helped to cover all. i will change my words..we must give credits to those helping us...we must stand we those who helped us.. that is the way life must go. thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31