LumeCube Phantom 3 Drone Kit

Reaction score
I finally got my order placed just today, for my Phantom 3 drone kit LED lighting set online.
LumeCube | Portable, Durable, Powerful Lights for Photo and Video
I had to do a bit of haggling to get the price I needed, and thankfully all parties involved fully cooperated with me. So, I got a 10% discount, thanks to a promo code provided by @Scott98, here: Anyone have experience with www.mydronelight.com? And PayPal reimbursed me a further $15 CDN. Yeah, Seems I actually got a great deal. And after a quick email to Ty Simmonds, my order is being processed and sent out today. As I write, so to speak. Ha
I will Definately be reporting all of my reasoned thoughts and revue here, once my diminutive parcel arrives. Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Wow, just wow... After thanking them for everything,
Then I received this just moments ago...

It is my absolute pleasure!

You can track your package here: https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track&language=english&tracknumbers=78373989XXXX

We upgraded your shipping to say thanks for everything.

Best regards,
Ty Simmonds

I paid for snail-mail shipping, and they upgraded my order to a $31 courier, shipping option. That's some awesome customer service. Folks.

This has already been a very pleasant experience, so far... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Dang! They *really* went out of their way. Great to know.

Alright RedHot, I'm depending on you; I've been trying to talk myself into a set of these ever since I became aware of them, but I'm love to hear from you just how useful they are. I mean, having 3000 lumens flying through the air at your whim is pretty cool, but I'd like to hear what you get into with them. I imagine they could be useful at lighting up a large area of ground, and possibly do some cool FPV flying at night - so go have a good time with it and report back!

I know. It all seemed too good to be true... Hahaha
But it's real, and I just got super lucky today ;-)
Thanks to you too, or non of this would have even happened.

Yes, I will Definitely be relaying my experiences, and letting others know, how well these are built, good they work, and very much usefulness for several photography options, I find. Some things Worth sharing..
Check this video out, in the mean time.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
This is moving quickly. Already arrived in Memphis, TN. Hahaha
Now in Transit...

RedHotPoker

What I love about 3 day shipping:
Day 1 = 1000 miles
Day 2 = 100 miles
Day 3 = 10miles

Three days? Man forget about it!! Hahaha
Yeah, they shipped my parcel out yesterday, and it's being delivered to my door today, before 5:00 pm. ;-)
I didn't know over-night actually meant over-night!! Ha

Yes, I already saw a FedEx truck across the street, but he was on a mission... Hahaha

Minus Four hours and slowly counting down... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
That was a crazy fast delivery. From San Diego Ca. to Edmonton Alberts in less than 24hrs... Wow, very zippy express... Hahaha

These two LumeCube units are incredibly marvelous. Really well built. Much heavier, for their dimunitive size, than I would have expected.
I went ahead and following reading all included instructions, plugged them in, with the paired USB cables to my hp tower and charged them up. They are very rugged, and all buttons and connections are tight and very well finished. The included blue holders that allow them to connect to the drones landing gear, really are very precise in the way they line up. I was actually surprised, because even though the finish on the holders are a little rough, like they were pulled straight off the 3d printer and bagged up, the fit is extraordinary. Very tight tolerances... ;-)

I hope to have a nice clear dry sky tonight for my first real flight test. Really would enjoy sharing much more positive findings. So far, I would strongly recommend these to anyone who can find the need and use, of some very bright drone photography lights.

RedHotPoker

@theTastyCat, This hobby has suddenly given me an extra leg to stand on. What lighting source have you decided to use with your drone, Sitting on the dark side of the fence, still?... Ha

I fly with a forum friend who attached a tiny inexpensive LED diode to his Phantom 3 and it's actually quite marvelous. Kind of hard to imagine, that his tiny LED can cast so much light, from such a tiny unit. Being seen from a greater distance, than your drone would be, without that extra advantage. Particularly helpful for us soon to be senior, elder statesmen. Hehe

Yes, I will share my ultimate findings with you, and all who care to know. I will tell you, do not look directly into the LED when it's on... Ouch, that was bad...

RedHotPoker

I have never posted any videos or private pics 'from' my drone.
Perhaps today, thanks to you, I will finally create a YouTube account. There by, getting with the program!! What say Yee?
Aha!! Light goes off.

A Little Feat. . .

RedHotPoker

Haha! Go for it - super easy. And I'd love some footage filmed from the ground - seems like this may be even more useful to light up the ground than through the FPV!

Yeah, pulling the trigger, firing a long shot.. Hitting the bullseye.

Sure it's easy, to sign your life away!! ;-)
Upload videos - YouTube Help

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.