Lume Cubes

Some have claimed they lose 3-4 minutes. I m not sure if the numbers are accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Chicken drone
I have them on a P4. Yes, the flight time is less as they weigh 300 grams with the mounts. Mine dropped to about half the normal time, to ~14 minutes depending on how you fly, wind, and safety buffer. Bird takes a bit more grunt to get it moving too.

Also, if you plan to use them to light up stuff, you have to get close: <20 feet at full brightness and maybe a high ISO and slow shutter for stills at about 3 seconds too which brings in dark noise. A P4 Pro might do better with them on the dark noise and high ISO matter.

They are also very blue/purple in color too, closer to 10,000 Kelvin than their 6,000 K claim. Some early mounts cracked at the tripod screw area (Mount is a 3D printed part.) so they beefed later versions up a bit which adds to the weight, but not much (4 grams). They will thermally shut down if they get too hot, but they self-reset once cool. Full brightness run time is about what the drone will do with them on so no problem there. Never had them thermally shut down in flight and probably due to prop wash for cooling.

For seeing the drone at distance they do work well for that.

Reactions: Chicken drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20