Lume Cube Mounts

Reaction score
Anyone attempted to use the Lume Cube light mounts as an attach point for a Go Pro or other light weight camera such as FLIR or near IR. The screws are standard camera screws. I know it adds weight and thus limit flight time.

Have not but make sure you have equal weight on both sides

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone attempted to use the Lume Cube light mounts as an attach point for a Go Pro or other light weight camera such as FLIR or near IR. The screws are standard camera screws. I know it adds weight and thus limit flight time.

I wouldn't recommend doing so. The mounts are designed for Lume Cubes only. Added weight may bend or stress the mount beyond its intended purpose.

However, I have tried it.

But as scatmanr1 said, just make sure the weight is evenly distributed on both mounts.
So if you use a GoPro, you need the same size GoPro or weight on the opposite side.

Well I can now say I tried it and both Phantom and Drone survived.
Mounted the Go Pro Black 4 facing forward on one mount and used one of the Lume Cube on the other mount as a counter balance. The Go Pro side was slightly heavier.
For some reason the iPad screen went black so no video feed from the camera and didn't want to wait for a reboot of the iPad so decided to keep it real close.

You could tell the P4 was working harder by the sound of the motors. Performance well to quote Ted Striker from Airplane, "its sluggish like a wet sponge."

Wind conditions 8mph with minimal gusts. Interesting to hear wind and motor sound. Also no vibration dampening on the Go Pro. But does show how well the P4 gimbal smooths out its camera.

P4 camera had a Polar Pro ND16 filter. Go Pro had no filters.

Video can be found at

Bottom line, really don't see a practical need for it for me personally other than knowing it can be done.

Last edited:
Well I can now say I tried it and both Phantom and Drone survived.
Mounted the Go Pro Black 4 facing forward on one mount and used one of the Lume Cube on the other mount as a counter balance. The Go Pro side was slightly heavier.
For some reason the iPad screen went black so no video feed from the camera and didn't want to wait for a reboot of the iPad so decided to keep it real close.

You could tell the P4 was working harder by the sound of the motors. Performance well to quote Ted Striker from Airplane, "its sluggish like a wet sponge."

Wind conditions 8mph with minimal gusts. Interesting to hear wind and motor sound. Also no vibration dampening on the Go Pro. But does show how well the P4 gimbal smooths out its camera.

P4 camera had a Polar Pro ND16 filter. Go Pro had no filters.

Video can be found at

Bottom line, really don't see a practical need for it for me personally other than knowing it can be done.
Now to do a night shot withthe lume cube on too

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20