Low signal when P3 facing me

Reaction score
I seem to be losing signal as soon as I turn the p3 towards me. Facing away it's fine but the moment I turn it the signal dips for HD and tx. The P3 has just had its shell replaced ,is there anyway they may have forgot to plug something in? Or is there anything I can check.

Thanks

The antennas are on the rear legs. At what range are you losing the feed?

I can go out to around 8000' with out a problem but as soon as I try to turn the quad I loss connection. The quad goes in to RTH for around 2000' before I get full connection back. Can't remember it doing it before the shell was replaced.

I can go out to around 8000' with out a problem but as soon as I try to turn the quad I loss connection. The quad goes in to RTH for around 2000' before I get full connection back. Can't remember it doing it before the shell was replaced.
Uhm. Nice range! I have been to 7700, and I too lost signal when I turned back to face me. Those were in my play around days, when distance and speed was what I enojoyed. Now, I hardly ever leave my sight as I focus more on the neat shots you can get of things nearby. But yes, the antennas are on the rear legs. They have a clearer shot when you are facing away. When you go to return to you, return heading backwards or turn only about 90 degrees and fly sideways, Will help you keep signal until it is close enough to get a good signal.

The P3 has 4 antennas.

According to the FCC type testing report all 4 transmit.
Receiving is hard to determine as the test report is only for radiation testing.

Exactly the same happens to me when I push distance. I'd say it's normal and down to the reason above. My P3 has always been like this from new. Corse you could always fly it back in "reverse" for a few minutes. You shouldn't loose signal then.

Reactions: Jaron Vansambeek
The P3 has 4 antennas.

According to the FCC type testing report all 4 transmit.
Receiving is hard to determine as the test report is only for radiation testing.
It is my understanding that there are two "control" antennas for the physical control of the copter. and 2 lightbrigde antenna for the transmission of video.

Not sure about that.

There's no need for the control antennas to transmit.
The FCC report is quite clear all 4 transmit.

Can't link to in now but in the mean while try googling 'DJI FCC Phantom test data' or similar.

Maybe later.

Not sure about that.

There's no need for the control antennas to transmit.
The FCC report is quite clear all 4 transmit.

Can't link to in now but in the mean while try googling 'DJI FCC Phantom test data' or similar.

Maybe later.

Can confirm this as well, all 4 antennas transmit.

It's good to know other phantoms are doing the same thing. I just couldn't remember it doing this before I had the shell changed and was thinking maybe worth checking. Thanks for the info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4