Low range with P3S

Reaction score
Ok so up until yesterday my little drone has been awesome after having for over a month now. I have been able to fly with ranges up 2600 feet and that is with the latest firmware update. Yesterday, however, I went to fly it and all of a sudden I have a range of less than 700 feet without it losing radio signal and RTH. I have since downgraded to 1.5 FW and still have low range. I have tried re-calibrating the IMU even with no success. Any ideas?

no...was i supposed to? It says FM update required now when i run the app and say 1.5 version.

And i have tried flying it in different areas including some of the same ones i always fly in...still no range.

I will say, when i downgraded to version 1.5...i only did it on the drone side...not the remote side...but i have since re-linked the remote to the drone thinking that might be the problem...not sure if that is how you downgrade the FM on the remote though.

Just discovered my on going range issues with my PS3 were resolved when while flying in a remote location I determined when I shut down any other wifi sources my range issues disappeared. What I found out was both my cell phone and tablet linked with the controller confusing it for some reason. When I shut down one or the other all my range issues disappeared. What I intend to try later this week is to go to the same location , keep both devices running but erase the wifi link on my cell phone so it won't automaticly connect. I'm pretty sure the result will be the same and my range will be normal. Hopefully this may help others with unexplained range issues

Just discovered my on going range issues with my PS3 were resolved when while flying in a remote location I determined when I shut down any other wifi sources my range issues disappeared. What I found out was both my cell phone and tablet linked with the controller confusing it for some reason. When I shut down one or the other all my range issues disappeared. What I intend to try later this week is to go to the same location , keep both devices running but erase the wifi link on my cell phone so it won't automaticly connect. I'm pretty sure the result will be the same and my range will be normal. Hopefully this may help others with unexplained range issues

Make sure to turn off Bluetooth devices as well. They operate on same 2.4Ghz wifi band.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20