Low quality photos

Reaction score
I have a p3a and i took some photos while flying about 60m up over a river.photos of the river and a castle beside it etc.
I took the drone home and uploaded the photos to a website to get them printed off.when they were uploaded up came a warning saying these photos are of low quality.
The videos i take are incredible quality shouldn't the photos be as well?
Could my settings be off?
I don't use any filters at all.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

You should probably post an example photo as it comes straight from the card. I've printed large posters from my P3A so there's definitely something wrong here.

Did you pull the photos off the SD card and not the mobile device?
If so, reset all camera settings take some photos, you don't even need the motors running.

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
I will post an example when i get home from work later and yes i took them straight from the sd card.
How do i reset all the camera settings?
Thanks for the replies.

ok here are two photos.one is the settings that the camera has now.
and the other is a sample photo the camera took.

camera settings..jpg
DJI_0065.JPG

ISO400 would make the photo less detailed, the EV +1.0 would make highlights blown. The shutter speed is pretty slow, was that taken early/late in the day??

Update : I assumed the 2 photos were from the same time, so the above info does not make sense.

Last edited:
3.35pm to be exact.
so could you recommend settings?i must have touched off that by accident because ive never gone near the camera settings.

3.35pm to be exact.
so could you recommend settings?i must have touched off that by accident because ive never gone near the camera settings.
See the blue EV+1.0?
That's telling the camera to overexpose 1 full stop beyond what would be normal exposure.
If you haven't set it that way for a particular reason, dial it back to EV0.

Do you you have the camera set to shutter priority auto?
If so, having the shutter set to 1/6th of a second is very slow and will cause a few photos to be blurred.
If you don't know what you are doing with camera settings, set it to auto and you'll get a good exposure most of the time.

I just checked some photos I took of a friend's house in dull/overcast conditions and my settings were:
ISO100, SS 1/629s, f2.8, EV -0.3 (I always use this EV offset because the DJI camera seems to ever expose generally).

I would check that your photo settings are auto and ISO100 and see what gives? You've not left some sort of ND filter in place (from using video?)

I will post an example when i get home from work later and yes i took them straight from the sd card.
How do i reset all the camera settings?
Thanks for the replies.
Sorry,
Reset my have been the wrong term, I sort of meant auto.or defaults. ;)

Rod

The only conclusion i can come to is to leave it on auto.but it was on auto when i took those photos and yet the photo website said they were of low quality.
Im none the wiser i have to admit.maybe the website is wrong!! :)

The only conclusion i can come to is to leave it on auto.but it was on auto when i took those photos and yet the photo website said they were of low quality.
Im none the wiser i have to admit.maybe the website is wrong!! :)
Looking into it further, I see the actual camera data from the photo you posted showed: 1/250 sec; f/2.8; ISO 100
That would all be quite normal.
The screenshot of your camera data is not related to the image and is not showing what the camera would be doing when outdoors and photographing in daylight.
The image doesn't show anything obvious to suggest it's of "low quality"
If your photos look good, I wouldn't worry about them.

Looking into it further, I see the actual camera data from the photo you posted showed: 1/250 sec; f/2.8; ISO 100
That would all be quite normal.
The screenshot of your camera data is not related to the image and is not showing what the camera would be doing when outdoors and photographing in daylight.
The image doesn't show anything obvious to suggest it's of "low quality"
If your photos look good, I wouldn't worry about them.

yea im just waiting for them to come back from the photo lab to see what they are like.in the mean time i have kept the camera itself on auto.i havent used it since.

yea im just waiting for them to come back from the photo lab to see what they are like.in the mean time i have kept the camera itself on auto.i havent used it since.
There are ways to "up-res" photos shot in too low a resolution for printing to a larger size, while minimizing the quality loss. Photshop can do it, but other programs specifically designed for this purpose can do an even better job. Back in the day, a high resolution photograph was taken of the small photograph to create an interneg, for printing larger prints. Make sure your photograph settings are JPEG + DNG, so you have the full sized original raw image to work with, in addition to the JPG, and choose the correct photo aspect ratio of your sensor to use the full sensor size. It's usually 3:2, not 4:3.

Well i got the photos back developed.12 x 16 so they are pretty big.and they were perfect.now maybe to a well trained eye the settings were off.but to me they turned out excellent.
The first company i sent them to won't be getting my business again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.