Low battery warning sound

Reaction score
Today I experienced something weird. All of a sudden during flight the low battery warning sound went off but only for a second or two and before I had a chance to check the display it stopped again. At that time looking at the display I learned I had approx 50% battery left.

Anyone else experienced this?

Never happened to me but keep the battery contacts clean with some good contact cleaner.

Since the last firmware update, the Low battery warning is related to TIME remaining, not battery charge or percentage remaining.
The warning will go off when you are close to not having enough power left to return home.
The yellow and red zones vary depending on distance and low battery warning can go off at 50% if the phantom is far away from home point.

Ok, but also happened with full battery charged and near two minutes flying very near (happened to me), critical battery warnig at 61 % battery and the bird went to landing.

Did a full discharge / charge and warning happened again at 81 % and the bird went to landing (not at home).

I have had the battery replaced by local dealer.
In checking the battery in assistant it showed the middle cell to have 100 milivolts les than the other two cells.
Bad battery had round sensor contacts and tha good one that came with the bird has rectangular or square sensor contacts.
Not shute that this could be a pattern, but someone in the forum that had this kind of issue with battery, informed also that his bad battery had rounden sensor contacts.
So, it is interestinh to have an eye on this battery, check with assistant and not fly over lakes, far away... till you are sure it is reliable.
Best regards : Juan

I had that also.
It only got worse.
Webmaximus please look @ the data connection plates, are they round or square ?

I have three batteries and all of them have the square shaped data connection plates.

Hopefully this was a one-time-only kind of issue because I've done lots of flying the last couple of weeks and never had this happening to me until today but I'll keep me eyes open for this for the next coming flights and as someone said...guess I'll keep clear of water etc for the next coming flight until I know I can trust my batteries.

I have another question related to low battery warning. When I first got the P2V+ I got the message on the screen when the battery was low where I could choose if I wanted the quad to come home or I could choose to cancel the message.

I still have that option set but lately I haven't been getting this message when the battery is running low on juice and I would like to understand why is that? My own guess is you'll only get this pop-up message when the quad is further away from the home location. Will do some testing as soon as I find the time for it.

I had issue's with the round type as some others did as well.
Its wise to take precaution the next flights and see if it happens again.
As i sayed i had the same with one battery and suspected lose contacts on the battery's connection plates or the TK102.
I manage to tighten the contact strips on the other 2 battery's as i already sended in the faulty one that got worse and worse.
Keep in mind that when it goes into auto descent you can hover or ascent by giving throttle up.
Be vigilant until its sorted out !!!

Thanks guys, I'll be careful.

Just got back after trying my other two batteries out and no issues so that's good.

Geert said:
Low battery warning seems to appear also at 60% battery left and when flying within 200 meter distance from the home point.
This is not related to the newest firmware.

Geert./.

This sounds like a bug to me?

Good to know.

Did some more flying today with no issues so if I indeed have this problem with one or more of my batteries it appears to be an intermittent problem.

Will continue to look out for any further low battery warnings that are uncalled for.

Assistant software told me mine had uneven cells, same symptoms. DJI LA office number, had me mail in for replacement. later Email to me said was fault in battery new one in mail. Probably going to send other do to it not hitting 18.5 minutes of flight time under 50 cycles.

WebMaxiumus wrote: Today I experienced something weird. All of a sudden during flight the low battery warning sound went off but only for a second or two and before I had a chance to check the display it stopped again. At that time looking at the display I learned I had approx 50% battery left.
Anyone else experienced this?

Interesting, as I was about to present the same type of question to the forum board when I noticed your posting, WebMaxiumus.
I too believe this issue is related to the battery, however while I personally have encountered a brief sounding from the battery alarm, I had noted the battery level at over 85%, and was able to continue flying until the battery voltage indicated 30% which is when I usually begin to land. As mentioned the alarm sounded for only a brief moment.
I noted this sort of issue had occurred on two separate occasions using batteries on two different phantoms ( a Vision, & Vision Plus ). I will certainly look to determine if there is any variation between the cells on each of the batteries used.
One of the units was still using the older firmware 3.0, so it really had nothing to do with the different updated aspects between F/W 3.0. and newer version F/W 3.06, but more so to one of the batteries, were my thoughts.
POI, all my batteries have a round contact spot within the face of the battery, but I do ensure both the contacts on the battery, and contact pins within the Phantom are clean and working as they should. :D

Well, good to know I'm not the only one and after what you say it sure sounds like what we experienced is a pure battery issue and this was also confirmed above and how DJI is already replacing bad batteries.

Did more flying tonight but no issues so at this point I've only had this issue once.

Interesting, as I was about to present the same type of question to the forum board when I noticed your posting, WebMaxiumus.
I too believe this issue is related to the battery, however while I personally have encountered a brief sounding from the battery alarm, I had noted the battery level at over 85%, and was able to continue flying until the battery voltage indicated 30% which is when I usually begin to land. As mentioned the alarm sounded for only a brief moment.
I noted this sort of issue had occurred on two separate occasions using batteries on two different phantoms ( a Vision, & Vision Plus ). I will certainly look to determine if there is any variation between the cells on each of the batteries used.
One of the units was still using the older firmware 3.0, so it really had nothing to do with the different updated aspects between F/W 3.0. and newer version F/W 3.06, but more so to one of the batteries, were my thoughts.
POI, all my batteries have a round contact spot within the face of the battery, but I do ensure both the contacts on the battery, and contact pins within the Phantom are clean and working as they should. :D

As an update to my original comment, I have since checked the cells on both batteries I've been using and have not found any discernable variation between any of the batteries cells. Maybe all a coincidence, or maybe NOT!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl