Low battery voltage while hovering

Reaction score
While flying my phantom today, i was hovering, changing some camera settings, and i noticed the battery voltage was sitting at around 3.5 volts (changes to yellow text). To get it to go back into the green, i had to do a full decent. My battery was at about 45 percent.

Is my battery stuffed? I have not had this issue before.
It has had approx 50 charges (not always full charges)

What health % is recorded for the battery? How many mins flight time are you averaging from a full charge? How many times does the GO app say it has been charged?

While flying my phantom today, i was hovering, changing some camera settings, and i noticed the battery voltage was sitting at around 3.5 volts (changes to yellow text). To get it to go back into the green, i had to do a full decent. My battery was at about 45 percent.

Is my battery stuffed? I have not had this issue before.
It has had approx 50 charges (not always full charges)
Not sure what you mean by "(not always full charges)", hope when you do charge the battery it's to 100% and you're starting your flight with a fully charged battery every time.

Never fly on a partially charged battery, you will experience voltage drops and may end up with your bird falling out of the sky.

1475530715823.png

Here is a screenshot of the battery while fully charged

Looks ok however the life percentage seems a little low for 50 charges. Pack usable capacity Is definitely down from standard.

I would log a flight with healthy drones and check for cell voltage deviations.

I would also lower the critical betters my setting, will give you more time before an auto land kicks in.

Reactions: Cameronb1
But are you flying on a fulling charged battery every flight?
Yes.
In main post i ment "not full charges" as in i would sometimes give it a top up before flight, as i dont always charge the battery Fully in case i dont fly for a while.

I'll gp out now and fly and test the battery again and will attach some screenshots [emoji2]

Yes.
In main post i ment "not full charges" as in i would sometimes give it a top up before flight, as i dont always charge the battery Fully in case i dont fly for a while.

I'll gp out now and fly and test the battery again and will attach some screenshots [emoji2]
At 51 charges (the depicted number relates to full charge cycles) you have had the battery on the charger a lot more times than 51.

Looks ok however the life percentage seems a little low for 50 charges. Pack usable capacity Is definitely down from standard.

I would log a flight with healthy drones and check for cell voltage deviations.

I would also lower the critical betters my setting, will give you more time before an auto land kicks in.
Agree with that also, have my critical level set to 10%. In my mind it should only be what's needed to land from the height you're normally at, as this is an emergency landing.

Agree with that also, have my critical level set to 10%. In my mind it should only be what's needed to land from the height you're normally at, as this is an emergency landing.
While I aim to land above 20% my preference is to have the luxury of maintaining control should I need it. I have come in below 5% holding the left stick full up to maintain altitude and get back and it's not fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj