Low Battery Message When Very Far

Reaction score
I have been pushing my P3P out pretty far (at least for me lol).
Been doing 16,000 feet and even today 19,000 feet.

Several times when I get out to say 14,000 or 15,000 feet I get a "low battery" message on the app.
Usually its around 65% - 69%. Aside from that nothing else happens.
I have checked the logs and nothing seems usual to me.
Has anyone heard of this happening?

Basically, the drone is accounting for the amount of battery it takes to get back to your home point. If you take it off and fly it out 15000 ft and you are at 65% battery, naturally the drone will assume that it will return at 30% which is the preset low battery level. Also, it has to account for any wind slowing the drone down on the way back. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Basically, the drone is accounting for the amount of battery it takes to get back to your home point. If you take it off and fly it out 15000 ft and you are at 65% battery, naturally the drone will assume that it will return at 30% which is the preset low battery level. Also, it has to account for any wind slowing the drone down on the way back. Hope this helps.

Oh sweet, perfect. This helps a lot. Thanks! :D

Oh sweet, perfect. This helps a lot. Thanks! :D

No problem. I've also learned that it's pretty generous with the amount of battery it leaves to get back, so you can usually keep on going, especially if you are going into the wind. Happy flying!

FYI, you're seeing that message since you have the following feature enabled in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Smart-Go-Home.png

I have been pushing my P3P out pretty far (at least for me lol).
Been doing 16,000 feet and even today 19,000 feet.

Several times when I get out to say 14,000 or 15,000 feet I get a "low battery" message on the app.
Usually its around 65% - 69%. Aside from that nothing else happens.
I have checked the logs and nothing seems usual to me.
Has anyone heard of this happening?
Your scenario is exactly why @GadgetGuy so often suggests that people going for distance should turn off that option in the app.

http://www.phantompilots.com/search...+home&o=relevance&c[node]=81&c[user][0]=28449

Reactions: JoBe
Also a good idea to try to have the tail wind on the return flight...IMHO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik